Chapter 9 - Twisting Fate

*ANNOUNCEMENT!* :D

Okay, so I'm kinda getting sick of my cover for this story... I just used it so I didn't have to use the ugly orange thing with my picture on it. SO. If ANY of you want to show me your artistic/creative/whatever side, GO FOR IT and send me a cover! It'll be completely dedicated to you and I'll use it as the story's cover. SHOW ME YOUR WILD SIDE BABY. <3 Anyway, so hereeeeeeee's the next chapter. ENJOI! (:

Ps: This chapter has a huge twist, so get your tissue boxes ready... )':

 Listen to the song on the side during parts of the chapter if you want, it makes more emotion! xD

Chapter 9 

I ran through the forest, enjoying the feel of my wolf being free as I made my way to meet with Remi. The trees whizzed past and my paws barely touched the ground as I ran full out, barely creating a sound in the calm forest. I skidded to a stop when I came to the tiny clearing at the stream before I heard the familiar voice that sent tingles down my spine every time.

"Eager to see me, are we?" He said with a smirk while casually walking toward me. I rolled my blue eyes and put on a wolfish grin. "Don't bother changing, just follow me." He said before walking behind a tree to shift.

Once he shifted, he took off going downstream with me following suit. We ran alongside the winding stream, following it's every curve and jumping over occasional rocks that protruded into our path. I eventually decided to test my speed and pushed my legs to catch up with him. Once I got up to his side, I looked over at him and grinned. He grinned back before lowering his head slightly and pushing forward. I barked laughter and sped up also, both of us fighting to be in the lead. Due to my small size and light weight, I was able to put up a pretty good race, but eventually he slowed down and barked for me to do the same. I jogged over to him as he stood in his place near the stream. He motioned with his head forward and walked with me at his side. We walked for a few feet before I realized that we had walked into a huge clearing. The sight before me caused me to freeze in my steps and my breath catch in my throat. The clearing was filled with tall, green grass and flowers of all species and colors. You could hear birds singing in the trees surround us and the light trickling of the stream that flowed through the field filled my senses. I took an unsure step forward and looked at Remi, who was watching me with a look I've never seen him hold before. His usually hard, stern eyes were soft and... Loving. I cocked my head to the side and he lightly shook his head before dropping his clothes and jogging forward into the beautiful, grass filled field with me copying his movements. 

I was suddenly overwhelmed with happiness and excitement as I yelped with glee and jumped up before sprinting forward. I let my mouth hang open and my long tongue hang out the side as I flew past Remi, the long grass tickling my belly as I did so. I looked behind me to see him sprinting behind me with a playful glint in his eyes. I turned back around and ran faster so he wouldn't catch me. I eventually came up to the stream that ran through and leapt over it, but not three seconds after landing on the other side I felt him tackle me into the soft grass. I yelped in surprise and rolled over so I could stand up and get into a playful pose. He stood up and scoffed at me, most likely thinking that I was too weak to take him on. I glared my eyes and leapt at him, successfully tackling him over before he rolled, bringing me with him. We continued rolling and playfully growling, flattening out the three foot tall grass at the same time.

Once I broke out of his embrace I bolted away and then quietly slid to hide behind a large rock. He ran after me but stopped once my flattened trail of grass stopped. He looked around, confused, and sniffed the air before slowly walking forward. I crouched down, watching him between the blades of grass, preparing for the right time to pounce. I crept up so I was slightly behind him and leaned against my haunches before using my back legs to launch myself onto his back. He fell over from my successful tackle but instantly rolled me over so he was standing above me. He put his paws on either side of my head, effectively pinning me so I couldn't move. I looked between our bodies to see the stream not a foot away, so I placed my hind legs on his upper stomach and shoved him, hard. He yelped and stumbled backward, falling into the small stream. Instantly, he whipped his head around to glare at me with water droplets rolling down his face before getting a devious grin and slowly climbing back up the riverbank and stalking toward me. My eyes grew wide and I sprinted away in hopes he wouldn't catch up and get me wet. I felt his hot, panting breath on the side of my neck before he lightly gripped the scruff of my neck and pulled me down to the ground and rolling on top of me and soaking my fur as well. He rubbed himself on me, all the while I tried squirming away with no such luck. By the time he was done, I was just about as soaked as he was. He didn't get up, but kept his paws on either side of me as he lay on top of me, looking into my eyes with that softness he showed earlier.