Chapter 15 - The Animal Inside

Chapter 15

Amaya's POV

I've been trying everything possible to revive my spirit; talking to myself, talking to my wolf, meditating, and trying to contact Nevaeh, but nothing works. I don't know how long I've been here because the light from the sky never ceases and I never get tired or hungry. It's like I just keep living without having any needs whatsoever for normal survival. 

I remember listening to conversations and stories from members of my pack talking about how many times that a mate leaves or rejects their mate, their spirit will die along with them. Rarely do they survive without their spirit, so I guess I'm just one of the lucky ones. Back then I thought all of it was nonsense and had nothing to do with me so I didn't pay much attention. I realise now that that was a HUGE mistake. They even talked about how to get your spirit back, but by then I had almost totally tuned them out because it was just a bore to me. If I had listened correctly I wouldn't be in this mess...

I laid in the tall green grass beside my wolf, deep in thought. I reached to my right to gently pat her fur as she whined in defeat. I sat up abrubtly and cursed. Why can't I do this? It shouldn't be this hard! I thought in my head, my anger and frustration building. I've been trying and trying for who knows how long to revive my freaking spirit, but NOTHING is working. I walked over to a huge rock that jutted from the soil and punched it with all my strength, feeling no pain. Right as my fist connected with the rock, I felt a small surge of power run through my body. It was there and gone so fast that I wasn't sure if I even felt it. I didn't take much thought to it as my anger began to get the best of me, causing me to bash the boulder again, making a deafening cracking sound as a long crack spread up the rock. I smirked and punched it again, cursing Remi for this in my mind.

Stupid... Worthless... Selfish... Mate...

I thought in between blows to the cracking and splitting boulder. I only stopped when it was nothing but rubble in the soil. I turned to look at my wolf to see her looking at me sadly, almost pitying me. I don't want to be pitied, I want to be the one pitying others. I'm no longer going to be the sensitive, weak girl I once was. I'm not going to let others run my life, especially someone like Remi. I scrunched up my nose at the thought of him. He no longer appealed to me; he almost disgusted me. I can't believe I let him have this effect on me. I was so weak, so useless. 

I balled up my fists and began to tremble, feeling my anger get the better of me. I've never had much of a temper before, but now I couldn't even control it. I closed my eyes as my whole body grew hotter while it trembled with pure rage. My skin seemed to be crawling all over my body, trying to let something in. 

I will NEVER be that girl again, I swore to myself. I felt my canines extending and my eyes burning, and when I finally opened my eyes to glare infront of me I seen a black and white wolf staring directly at me with piercing red eyes. It had on what looked like a huge... Smile? Its long canines protruding from its mouth. I didn't have long to think about it as it suddenly ran directly at me, snarling with fangs like razors before leaping at me. Then everything went black.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Alec's POV

Ever since I met Laila I had spent almost every moment with her. There were times when she had to return to her pack for a while, but the bond we had developed over these past couple months was strong and it made it impossible for us to be apart for too long. Every time I held her, seen her, smelled her, all I wanted to do was mark her, claiming her as mine. The only thing that stopped me was the thought of letting my pack down. I couldn't be a good Alpha if I let my pack down before even becoming one. It broke my heart having to hold back from making her mine forever, and I could tell it hurt her too. We had talked about it and I explained everything to her, in which she was very understanding with. I was so proud of her being my mate that I wanted to show her to the world and scream it at the top of my lungs.