Update: August 25th

Okay, I've been quite busy for the past week with school starting so I apologize for any late updates on entries and such. I will input all entries by the end of this week--I promise! 

I've been getting many requests to move stories to different categories or to delete entries. Since judging has already started, I am NOT going to move any stories around and delete entries either. Unless you have already requested it before hand and I approved of it (I still have to move a few stories around), you cannot request for your stories to be moved. 

The short list will be released sometime mid-September and at this time, the voting procedure will begin. Some categories may have an earlier short list than others; it really depends on how many entries there are and how many judges are judging the category. 

The judges have  been quite prompt in getting their top favorites in, so I'm expecting the results to be posted soon! Please be patient though and refrain from messaging me as to when results will be out. They will be released as soon as all the scores are in and I can compile them. 

A quick forewarning: I will be posting the scores of each judge publicly so that you know what careful readers thought of your story.  However, I will not reveal their names. They'll simply be known as Judge 1, 2, 3 etc. After you view your scores, you may request to take them down if you like. Scores will be posted with the shortlist. 

I'd like all of you to keep this in mind when the shortlist is revealed: I asked the judges not to select their top favorites based on the number score, but on how much they truly enjoyed the story they were reading. Because honestly, we're looking for the stories that readers will enjoy the most as readers. Therefore, there may be a case in which you may get a higher score than the stories listed on the short list, but you were not selected. There is always a reason for that. So I ask you to be a good sport and refrain from PMing me about how it was unfair and such. 

I will continuously update you on how/when the results of the first round will be released! 

Good luck to everyone! :)