Dueling| 1

Chapter one: Dueling (short chapter)

"Catch Daniel!" I shouted to my older brother, as I threw him the ball. He caught the ball easily and threw it to Aisha my older sister,  which then she passed it on to Micheal our youngest sibling in the family.

We swam around the palace playing "catch the ball". Until I got really bored from playing the game, I threw the ball hard in Daniel's face.

He let the ball hit his face, then caught it while it slip off of his now bruised face.

"Aw. Layla that didn't even hurt." He said smirking.

 "Ha- ha you always say that and its getting old. But this time I challenge you to a duel since I'm old enough now." I told him as I summon my staff. Sending him a determined stare, hoping he would slacken his confidence against me. 

"Fine this would be a piece of cake, I always win." Daniel said smiling as he summon his trident. He returned my stare with a mocking grin. 

No fair a Trident is stronger than my staff and only guys get it or crowned Queens and of course Kings, I thought.

Aisha and Micheal backed up to watch.

Daniel's trident has a blue gem and the trident was made up of Celestial bronze.

My staff is made of Celestial bronze as well, decorated with sea shells and a turquoise jewel in order for my staff to work its magic.

I looked into Daniel's eye and said, "Let the duel begins."

We charged at each other, then he tried to use his trident to pin me to the ocean's floor, but I blocked it with my tail by whipping his trident to the ocean's floor instead.

"Wow. Strong tail Layla but I wasn't expecting that." He said in a upset tone but then determined to get me back. "Oh well, because you're always duller than I am." I said circling him wondering what spell would I strike next or- where to to target.

Daniel's tail was fast, as he sped to his trident. Then circling around me, giving me a headache of tracking him around. I let my guards down slightly, as my head started to go light.

He fired a spell at me. Yikes that almost got me, I thought as I zipped out of the path of the spell.

Do a disarming spell, I thought. I raised my staff and aimed the spell at his hands where he's holding his Trident.

The Trident knocked out of his hands and he stared at me angrily. "Why can't I know what you're thinking, and why do you always target my Trident?" Daniel asked frustrated.

I smiled a great and beautiful smile as I flipped my colorful hair aside. "Your first question answer, you don't have telepathic powers and I do. Your second question answer is, you Trident is the only weapon you're carrying in you hands." I replied to him as I played with my colorful tips of my hair.

He swam and picked up his Trident and tried to target me. Again. He got nearly an inch to me but I disappeared behind him and kicked him hard on his tail.

Daniel fell to the ocean's floor along with his staff out of his hands.

I swam towards him. My heart beating as if I've done something wrong. 

"Are you okay?" I asked him, but not concerned since he always like to play these tricks. And guess what? I was right.

He rubbed his back then said, "Actually I'm better than ever." He smiled wickedly.

Great I knew it he planned something before I can even read his mind. Great this is really great. I thought.

He picked up his Trident and tried to aim a spell at me.

Oh a bubble spell to get me trapped. Hmm... clever.

I swam out of the way and aim the a spell at him. That spell was the song of the sirens when the spell hit him he'll be manipulated and his sight will go all blurry until the spell is over.

But he blocked it with his Trident.

So I got no options but to charge at him and use my strength. Which was something a girl do not want to get into with a trained boy, that had gained strong muscles in his years of training.

We wrestled for awhile but I got tired and let go. He saw his opportunity to win so he tried to push me down again but failed, since a swam out of the way.

"Okay Daniel, time out. My muscles are aching!" I complained. "There is no time outs in a duel, so you've lost." He said smiling. "Okay next time I'll challenge you to a home work competition, means who gets the highest score and does it the fastest wins." I said. He frowned at me and started to pout. "What? Not those challenges again." He wined."Oh and whoever wins gets to do whatever he/she wants and while the other has to do their royal chores." I announced.

Both of us snapped and our weapons disappears.

"Deal?" I asked him for the next competition holding out my hand. He held out his, and agreed.

"You suck Daniel, Layla did so much better." Aisha told us. "But still I won." Said Daniel rejecting what Aisha had said. Of course Micheal is with Daniel because they're boys

So they announced the final winner..... Layla Princess of the Seven Seas! Maybe..since the judges' voted claimed it a tie.

"Guys dad is back from his meeting so better get back to the throne room." She told us.

 Author's note:

I have nothing to say.. but I hope that you're still eager for the next chapter!