Meetings with Parents| 11

Lifting my head up, I saw my father gesturing Trevor to set up several connection mirrors. Connection Mirrors are some ways the Royals can contact one another, seeing them at the exact moment. Though, this kind of communication is only available for rich Sea Merchants or Royals throne members of each Kingdom. 

In total, there were about nine mirrors, representing each one of the Heir children that attended the Ceremony held not long ago. About two, had connected to the other side of the line. Queen Coral and King Kay was there, expressing worried faces and asking about their daughter rather than knowing what's going on. Also, King Martin, and Queen Eleanor was shown on the mirror as well. 

"Mother!" Anahi exclaimed.

"Oh Anahi dear!" Queen Coral said, giving her daughter a kind smile. "How have you been? I've felt a presence of a young man disturbing your peace."

The princess blushed. 

"Silence!" My father yelled. "This is a time of planning not reuniting! It shall be saved for our end." He instructed, gradually made his voice softer as he said so.

Anahi had a moment of disappointment in her sudden behavior with her mother. Though, I couldn't blame her. I mean like, a Royal young princess who had lived with her parents for so many many due to training to become a heir, then having to leave her parents suddenly-just because something happened to the heart of all Kingdoms of the Sea.

I glanced over at Brandon, discussing and debating. I would expect that from the King in Training, his full thoughts were engaged on the discussion. Blushing slightly, I reminded myself to focus on my own work at hand rather than watching the the young Prince before me.

Finally, I was able to awaken my mind, and engage into the discussion.  

"We should take our stance and protect!" Shouted Brandon over the varying voices.

"For once I can agree with this dude." Krystal mumbled under her breathe.

Everyone turned their heads to Brandon. Father too. But then, he faced back to Trevor, finding his Duke paying attention to the meeting instead of setting up and signaling magic spells for the other Kings and Queens of the oceans to appear. In other words, reply.

"Let's take a pause," Kind Neptune said, "We do not want the Kings and Queens of the other Oceans to miss out on this meeting."

We had agreed, so we went on to talk about what's wrong and what's right in a normal tone. 'Finding the Heir'. 'Protecting our Kingdoms'. 'Building more defenses.' 'Spies.' 'Fighting Techniques.' 

~~~

Instead of sitting next to my parents, where the Head Mer has to sit, I shifted next to my friends whom I felt comfortable with. My mother, sent me a stern glare. While, I returned her glare with a smile.

I sat next to Rhea,(which was two seats away from my actual seat) and on the other arm, Brandon. Just because, if he has any ideas to share with, it is going to be me. The chance of sitting next to him, I decided to question him. 

"Brandon?"

"Hmmmm?"

"Uh..what do you think about the topic at hand?" I tried.

"Oh, why don't we Kingdoms just strengthen the military systems around our Palaces?"

I gave him a face. Pinching my thick eyebrows together. "You know that anyone could have thought of that, right?"

"Yeah, I know it's oblivious, but we need to protect every single Kingdom before one falls into the hands of a Dark Hunter leader."

"Exactly." said a deep voice. I flinched, surprise of who was speaking.