Training Session II |12

I opened my eyelids to be greeted by the sunlight, as every bright morning day. Its golden rays spilling into my vision as I try to wake myself up. I stretched my arms upwards, and pushed my covers away. Shivering from the warmth that it gave me, and now,was touched by a cool wave.

Last night was a night filled with food. Just to let myself recover from that perplexing meeting. Which, I did recover, but I'm still sore and tired from eating more than I was supposed to. My head spinning in pain. My stomach felt like exploding at the moment. A sign that I ate way too much.

The tiredness reminded me to slip back into the warmth of my blankets and forget about everything. But the other part tells me that I have a training session with mom. Speaking of training, my muscles began to weaken as I lay back down again. Staring at the flower decorated ceiling.

On the other side of me, I heard someone snoring. Turning over, I found my sister holding on to a pillow tightly and wrinkling her brows together. Staring at her I released a small giggle, but suppressed it so that I wouldn't wake her up.

Laughing or smiling had always been the key to waking me up. Having myself fully awoken, I sat up again and stretched. Cracking my spine with each satisfying crack. After cracking the last one, I swayed my shoulders in circles, warming it up.

As soon as I done the last circling spin on my left arm, I went to a nearby mirror- which was every where in the Princess's Corridor, and started to brush my hair lightly, singing a quiet lullaby.

"Oh the waves roll low, and the waves roll high. And so it goes under the bright blue Endless Sky. Waves try to measure the days that we treasure. Wave Hello and Wave Goodbye...."

Singing the lullaby over and over again, my head started to drop. Realizing that I will go back to my slumber, I curled my hands into a fist, and pound it hard on my skull. Gritting my teeth as I took on the impact, it actually successfully woke myself up once more.

Determined to not have anymore of my sleepy moments, I quietly and quickly rushed out. Wasting no more time.

Racing down the corridor, I spotted my mom. She wore her casual blue mer outfit, and her jewels silver, gleamed brightly. Reaching close enough to her, she wore a disappointing frown, her thick eyebrows arched up high.

"Layla, you're six minutes late." She stated coldly.

"Mom, it's just six minutes. I'm not really late." I whined, slacking my shoulders.

"As a trained princess, I expect you to do your best and not be late to any occasion you're assigned to be at."

Lifting my head up, I stared at her. "Fine." I mumbled. "Lets go start our daily training."

"Where's your proper greeting to your mother?" She asked, ignoring my request.

I let out a large breath, before I said, "Good morning, mom."

Her eyes lit up a bit before her lips curved to a warm smile, "good morning to you too, my dear Layla."

Rolling my eyes, I laughed. "Why must us Royals has to be so..." unable to describe my annoyance.

"Strict?" My mom suggested, curving her lips to a larger smile.

Smiling with my mom, I replied,"Yeah, that and careful or exact of everything. It annoys me."

"Well, my young princess. Get used to your life then." She said, folding her arms. Her face plastered with annoyance of my complaints.

Sighing, I said, "Mother, can we start our training now?"