Chapter Fourty Eight

All around him the bodies of the enemy fell to the ground with a sickening thump; dead from the wounds Naruto himself inflicted upon them. His new blade was sharp and, moved just as Naruto commanded it to. The only mercy he was able to grant his enemies was a quick, relitively painless death, which he delivered without hesitance. As soon as his eyes fell upon them they were damned.

Captain Kaito and his subordinates watched in amazement as they observed Naruto in battle. He definately wasn't the Yellow Flash. As they compared him directly - said jounin fighting on the same battle ground - they were able to conclude that Naruto Uzumaki was faster. While Minato was only a blur from one place to the next, Naruto couldn't be seen until he planted his feet for a split second before taking off again. Between him and Minato, the field was quickly clearing of the enemy as dozens dropped each second, the tide of the battle seemingly turning in the Leaf's favor.

Naruto's mind wasn't clear nor calm as one's should be when in battle. He couldn't stop questioning the increase in enemy number. What was different this time from last time? Well Naruto himself for one - but the blonde obviously wouldn't have done anything to tip the enemy off and result in them bringing half a thousand more shinobi then they should have. He couldn't help but notice the sickening feeling like his insides were twisting into knots - his instincts telling him he was missing something crucial and it was setting him on edge.

He glanced back to the Captain who gave a discreet nod. He focused back on the battle, occasionally assisting a Leaf shinobi who looked to be in trouble, but mostly going for the ones with stronger chakras that may prove to be troublesome, still heading in the direction of the bridge to further draw the enemy's attention away from any possibly sneaky shinobi from the Leaf trying to destroy the bridge, and toward the center of the battle.

The battle was deafening, screams of rage and pain filled the air hauntingly, the sound of weapons and jutsu accompanied them. Naruto kept a close eye on his allies who were now on the move, disguised in the branches and bushes of the forest that lay on each side of the cursed bridge. He worried about them getting across the river and behind the enemy. Their plan was simple actually. As Naruto was drawing attention away from where they were to cross, the genjutsu users would cast a very light genjutsu causing most eyes to slide right past them and not notice them. Once across the river they would split into three groups; one group meeting the enemy head on - the ones best trained in combat - one group would sneak  to the left of he bridge and place paper bombs on the support beams - the onea trained in genjutsu - and the last group would do the same on the right - the ones best in stealth. That was the basics. A lot could go wrong, but it was the best plan they got.

Naruto was getting increasingly frustrated. He had his sights set on a single man - who he belived was in charge of the Stone's forces - but every time he neared the man he would order others into Naruto's path to kill, and preserve his own life. It made him sick to see how he didn't give a damn about his own men.

Twenty minutes later the sounds of explosions filled the air followed by crumbling rock. All occupants of the battle stopped at once to watch Kannabi bridge crumble to the ground. Some held hope, relief and victory in their eyes while others watched with fear, disbelief and defeat. Either way, the bridge had been successfully destroyed and the Leaf had won, just as they should.

The cowardly man, who was indeed the commander of the Stone shinobi, turned Naruto with rage seeping from his very being in waves. His glared in hatred and his fists clenched to his sides. How could they have lost? He asked himself. They had the numbers and still they were defeated, all thanks to this. . . this nobody whom he had never heard of and who couldn't possibly be a day over twenty. 

While the blonde was distracted scanning over the crowds, he sunk a blade deep into Naruto's stomach, watching with satisfaction as Naruto's eyes widened and trailed down to the weapon now sticking out of him, and the blood seeping from the wound and surrounding it. The Commander smirked victoriously. He had won this at least.