Chapter Twelve

Disclaimer: I took these memories from the anime so I do not own them.

The trees were rushing by in the next memory as sixteen-year old Naruto sped through the forest with amazing speed. As the trees broke there was a bridge under which stood three figures. A blur that must have been kunai was directed at the pink figure just as Naruto arrived and saved her. The kunai just barely missed the two and scratched his cheek.

Naruto put Sakura - which he was carrying in his arms protectively- down on the surface of the water. He did a quick once over to make sure that his teammate had no injuries before he confronted the culprit. "Come on Sasuke. Sakura's a comrade from Team Seven remember?" he held anger in his voice as well as disbelief that his former teammate had tried to kill their team's third member.

"You mean former comrade. I'm off your team." Sasuke replied cockily.

The sensei of the old team found it fit to now step forward. "Now do you understand Naruto, Sakura? His intent to kill is undeniable. Sasuke is no longer the person you once knew." his voice held a somber tone as he spoke of his former student.

There were flashes of many different moments starring the four of them as a team. Some were familiar from the memories such as the genin team placement and the bell test, some were unfamiliar like Saskue crouched in a protective manner over Naruto as he was heavily bleeding with multiple sebon needles imbeded in his flesh. The flashes stopped and revealed the memory Naruto with a frown pulling on his lips. He stepped forward. "Listen Sasuke."

"What do you want?" Sasuke snarled.

"I know the truth about Itachi. That guy Tobi told me everything." there were multiple shocked faces from the surrounding people as the pink-haired Sakura tried to grasp what he meant and Kakashi was wondering where he was going with the surely painful memory of Sasuke's. "Then again he could have been lying, I guess I can't really know for sure. But it doesn't matter. What you've been doing. . . I get it Sasuke." if the others were shocked before it was nothing to how they were now. There were many gasps, how could someone as pure hearted as Naruto Uzumaki tell a cold-blooded killer that he understands - more so, how could truth be seeping from every word?

Sasuke looked to be pissed at his claim of understanding, his hands at his sides clenched into tight fists as he tried to contain his frustration. "Naruto, just like I told you before - you never had a family or siblings in the first place, you can't possibly get it. So all you outsiders can just shut up!" he yelled. Personally the two men who were observing the memory thought that it was quite unnecessary for Sasuke to keep bringing up Naruto's lack of family.

Sakura seemed to find the jab upsetting as well because she finally got to her feet. "Do you know what Naruto has gone through for you? No matter what we hear you've done, he still considers you a comrade. When everyone turned on you, Naruto alone stood up for you and wanted to rescue you. Even now."
Sasuke only scoffed at her. "Rescue me? From what?" he demanded. Sakura seemed to not know the correct answer, she and Naruto never really talked about it like that. "Oh. . . well from. . ." she trailed off. Naruto however knew exactly what Sasuke needed saving from.

"From revenge Sasuke. I swear I'll save you from revenge, and all the chaos it causes." he promised his old friend.

"Hn. But I don't want you to do that. The stage has already been set for my vengeance." the three remaining members of Team Seven gasped once more out of fear of what he could possibly be referring to. "Not long ago I got revenge on the one responsible for Itachi's betrayal. I took down a high ranking Leaf elder right here, the one called Danzo." the shock on their faces would have been almost comical in another situation.