Chapter 1

>>Madison's pov<<

*Beep beep beep* my alarm clock sounded. I groan and tried to find the 'off' button on it with my eyes closed but i ended up pushing it off my beside table. It fell to the floor and it stopped beeping thankfully.

i finally managed to open my eyes and get out of bed. i left my bedroom and walked downstairs, through the living room and to the kitchen. my mum was still in bed so i made myself a glass of orange juice and sat at the table.

Once i had finished, i put the empty glass in the sink and walked up to the bathroom. i turned on the shower and then walked into the bedroom. i checked my phone to see if i had any new messages from my friends in London but i hadn't. well thanks. i got up to walk back in the bathroom but i had tripped over my straighteners and fell on the floor. "Madison James! stop making so much noise!" my mum shouted from her bedroom. "thanks for the concern!" i shouted even louder and i heard her laugh which made me smile.

i picked myself up from the floor and went in the shower. i started to think about my mum. shes been pretty depressed lately. she hasn't been the same since my dad died 10 years ago when i was 6. so yea I'm 16. it was sudden he had a car crash. my mum had never really coped with death of my dad and shes always been pretty depressed.

i got out of the shower and dried my hair. i quickly got dressed and added some make up and i was done. i grabbed my bag and then walked downstairs. my mum was sitting on the sofa and i smiled sitting beside her. "so, your awake now?" she nodded slowly. "with the amount of noise you made im pretty sure the neighbors are too" she joked. "mum, i need a lift to school" i told her. she stood up and we walked outside.

i loved my new house. we only moved to it 2 weeks ago and my mum had already finished decorating. she did hire a builder or something to help as well though. he was one of those really hot builders, like the ones you see on TV and my mum kept eyeing him up and checking him out.

i gave her a quick kiss and got out of the car closing the door. "have a nice first day, good luck" she told me. i nodded and smiled and then walked to the entrance. I knew what i had to do. Once i had the letter 1 week ago to say that i could start today, it said go to the principal's office to get my schedule. I just gad ti find it first.

as i walked down the hallways people walked and pushed past me and then i suddenly bumped into someone, making us both to the floor. i quickly got up helping the girl that i bumped into stand up. "I'm so sorry, i wasn't looking where i was going" i told her. she shook her head and smiled. No problem. i'm Libby" she held out her hand for me to shake and i did. "I'm Madison but everyone calls me maddy" i replied. "oh and your the new girl right?" i nodded. "i'm looking for the principals office" i told her. "oh, i'll show you."

she linked arms with me and basically skipped down the hallways until we came across the principals office. "Okay ill leave you here. you never know we may be in the same registration class and maybe some classes together" she said before walking off. "Thank you!" i shouted, she turned back and smiled and then she continued walking.

there were a few people outside the principals office. they were sitting on chairs and all had their heads down so i couldn't see who they were. i knocked on the door and a man opened the door, he had a huge smile on his face. "i'm Madison James, I'm new and i was told to come here" i said. "ah yes, Madison how lovely to meet you. i'm Mr Davies. here's your schedule. now i have to find someone to show you around." he started to look around until on of the boys sitting on the chair said, "ill show her around." he lifted his head up to reveal his gorgeous green eyes. he was wearing a simple t-shirt and black skinny jeans. he had a grey beanie on his head, pushing back most of his curls but leaving a few popping out. he had tattoo's all over his arms and he had a lip ring too.

"Mr styles, i don't think that's a very good idea" the principle spoke. "I'm doing it" the boy growled. the principle nodded leaving the stranger grab my arm and lead me away from the office. we walked around the hallways and he was showing me different classrooms and then we came to a door that said "janitors closet" . why was He showing me this? he opened the door and pushed inside, he followed then closed the door after him.

he walked over to me and pushed me roughly against the wall. "ow" i mumbled. "what was that? what did you say?" he spat. his eyes grew darker and he was scaring me a bit. "N-nothing" i stuttered. "good." he lightly caressed my face with his thumb, make my whole body tense up. a smirk was plastered his face, he obviously saw how scared i was.

just then, a few boys opened the closest and walked in. the stranger glared at them and they quickly left the room. "HEL-" i was cut of when the boy slammed his cold hand over my mouth. "Shut up!" he spat. my whole body was shaking. Who was this guy? i didn't even know his name. "Are you going to be quiet love?" he asked. i nodded and he slowly took his hands from my mouth. i took this opportunity to push the boy away. i heard him chuckle as i left the closet and ran to my first class.

i saw Libby and she eagerly waved. i waved back and went to sit in a seat next to her. we chatted quietly while the teacher was making some papers or something. "You'll regret ever doing that love" someone said gruffly in my ear. i knew that voice all too well and it sent shivers down through my body. i heard him walk away and i turned back to Libby. "what was that about?" she asked. "oh nothing. i just thought he was going to rape me earlier, that's all" i joked. i laughed to myself but Libby didn't even smile, she looked concerned. "that's harry styles. don't get involved with him" she warned me, 'why no?" she looked around the room and leaned closer to me. "hes dangerous. i heard that he's killed a person. he does drugs, he's been to prison. just promise me you wont get involved with him, Maddy."

i turned around to look at harry, he smirked and winked at me then i turned back around to Libby. "Promise me, Maddy" she said. "I promise."