Chapter 26- Barty Crouch Jr. Sends a message

CHAPTER TWENTY SIX: BARTY CROUCH JR. SENDS A MESSAGE

 This chapter is in third person and uses direct text from the book 'Harry Potter And The Goblet Of Fire' from the chapter 'Veritaserum' this chapter is a bit shorter than usual because it's just to bridge chapter 25 and 27.

 "Polyjuice potion Harry." Said Dumbledore. "You see the simplicity of it, and its brilliance. For Moody never does drink except drink except from his hip flask, he's well known for it.  The imposter needed, of course, to keep the real Moody close by, so that he could continue making the potion. You see his hair..." Dumbledore looked down on the Moody in the trunk.  "The impostor has been cutting it off all year, see where it is uneven? But I think, in the excitement of tonight,  our fake Moody might have forgotten to take it as frequently as he should have done... on the hour... every hour... We shall see."

 Dumbledore pulled out the chair at the desk and sat down in it, his eyes fixed upon the unconscious Moody on the floor. Harry stare at him too. Minutes passed in silence...

Then, before Harry's eyes, the face of the man on the floor began to change. The scars were disappearing, the skin was becoming smooth; the mangled nose became whole and started to shrink. The mong mane of grizzled hair was withdrawing into the scalp and becoming the color of straw. Suddenly with a loud clunk, the wooden leg fell away as a normal leg re-grew in its place; next moment, the magical eyeball had popped out of the man's face as a real eye replaced it; it rolled away across the floor and continued to swivel in every direction.

 Harry saw a man lying before him, pale-skinned, slightly freckled, with a mop of fair hair. he knew who it was. He had seen him in Dumbledore Pensieve, had watched him being led away from court  by the dementors, trying to convince Mr. Crouch that he was innocent... but her was lined around the eyes and looked much older...

Barty Crouch Jr.. sat in a dark jail cell in azkaban. The whole room was black and cold, the whole building filled with the ragged moans of the dementors that circled its tall winding towers.  Barty sat awaiting trial which would likely lead to a dementor's kiss. In the time that he sat there he did one thing.  Sent a letter to the dark army. 

            She's ready.