Chapter 13- The Look On His Face

CHAPTER THIRTEEN: THE LOOK ON HIS FACE

 "So what did you forget?" Angelina questioned.

"More like who we forgot," I corrected.

"Well, who did we forget?" She laughed.

"Do I really need to tell you?" I raised an eyebrow and Angelina rolled her eyes. "C'mon!" I urged and started to run, Angelina chased after me.

"Iris, wait up!" She pleaded, we turned the corner and I stopped dead before I smacked into a girl. Suddenly Angelina came barreling around the corner and into me, we both ended up on the floor. The girl looked down at us. I knew her, a Slytherin. Odette Swan, Slytherins called her Swan. She was a solemn girl. She had round brown eyes that are like two bronze coins. Her fine, straight, lemon-yellow hair was worn in a style that reminded me of a lionfish's spines. She was shapely, small built. She had ecru color skin. Her 13 1/4 inch wand was rune-inscribed, made of larch, and had a core of merfolk hair. She liked to use magic for the purpose of deception.

"Swan?" I asked. Swan looked at me for a while, trying to remember.

"Mercury?" I cringed at the use of my real name.

"Yes... Iris." I corrected, my eyes flashing towards Angelina.

'Oh' She mouthed, 'sorry.'

"So Merc-erm- Iris, what happened to your hair?" She asked. My hands floated up to my head and when I felt my hair's new silky texture I remembered what she was talking about.

"Oh! Draco helped me, so I fit in better with my family." I explained. As Odette and I became more and more absorbed in our conversation, the more uncomfortable I could sense Angelina becoming.

"Swan, I would love to sit and talk but I do have priorities that I must attend." I gave her a tight embrace and she hugged back.

"I'll see 'ya round Malfoy." She joked and gave a sad, strained smile like she was fighting back tears, before she left and was gone. I turned back to Angelina. I had the same strained smile plastered across my face.  I may have been mauled by a werewolf and had a change in personality, but I would never forget Slytherin.  I never thought I would miss Slytherin house.  With a shake of my head, I pushed the thoughts from my mind.

"Come on." Angelina said quietly. She tried to meet my eyes, and right when she did... she dashed off.

"Ange, wait up!" I called. I sped up and ran ahead of her.  Looking back at Angelina while I ran, I turned from gloating and smacked face first into a wall, falling back on my side.

"Agh!" I rolled over onto my back and looked up to see Fred and George looking down at me.

"You a'right, love?" George asked, looking terribly confused.

"Honestly, you have to stop running into things." Fred warned. George pulled me to my feet.

"I thought you had brown hair." George commented. I sighed.

"Honestly, this is the last time I'm going to explain it. My brother helped me change my hair color!"

"Oh." They both said.

Angelina came around the corner.

"I found them!" I announced to Angelina. She propped her hands on her hips.

"This is what you forgot?" She snorted.

"WHO, Ange, WHO." I corrected her. She rolled her eyes and linked arms with Fred.

"C'mon, let's head back." I told Angelina.

"Back where?" George asked.

"Back to the ROR." I told him matter-of-factly.

"The where?" Fred asked.

"Don't tell me the proud owners of the Murader's Map don't know what the ROR is!" Angelina fake-gasped. The twins shrugged.

"We'll show you!" I offered. "Let's get going the others are waiting for us."

"Others?" They chorused.

"Yeah, Harry, Ron, Hermione, Ginny, Alicia, and Katie." Angelina said.

"Let's go!" I pulled Angelina by the arm and we sprinted down the hallway, The twins chasing after us.

"Split up!" I called to Ange. We both ran down separate hallways. George caught up to me and caught me around the waist.

"Fine." I panted. "You win...Now carry me!" He laughed,  picking me up bridal style.

"Where's Angelina and Fred?" He asked me.

"Why, am I not enough?" I joked. I snaked my arms around his neck. I giggled and looked up into George's chocolate brown eyes and wasn't surprised in the slightest when he pressed his lips against mine. He leaned against the wall, still holding me and I practically melted into him. And for once we could snog without anyone stopping us. I felt my skin tingle and a rush of warmth over my head and George pulled back.

"Wow." he gasped.

"What?" I asked. He held up a strand of my hair and it wasn't white, but but back to a deep brown.

"And your eyes are yellow." He said. My eyes were usually a light purple. He tucked the strand of hair back behind my ear. I looked at him trying to figure out what had happened.

"Are you a metamorphagus by any chance?" He asked. I shook my head.

"No...No, besides, a metamorphagus is born, not made." I jumped down from his arms and chewed my thumb nail.

"That spell Draco did!" I burst out. "I think I know what happened!" I ran off pulling George behind me.

"I know it now, it's part of the process of becoming an Animagus. So since I've only completed part of the process the transformations are only partial. These transformations will get gradually more dangerous unless..." I trailed off.

"You  finish the process?" He concluded my statement, face abnormally stoic.

"Yes George, I have to become an animagus." I couldn't imagine what effect this would have on my being a werewolf. I guess I would have to find out.