Chapter 15- Bellatrix LeStrange

CHAPTER FIFTEEN: BELLATRIX LESTRANGE

           ~ Two Weeks until summer ~

 ~George POV~

  I hadn't seen Iris anywhere, it was as if she had disappeared from Hogwarts completely. It must have been only a few months but it felt like more like years. I missed her.  A lot.

"Georgie?" Fred asked.

"What." I responded, uninterested.

"Are you a'right, mate? You just haven't been yourself." I didn't look up at Fred.

"Fine. I'm just... tired." I lied as we walked to our next and final class of the day- DADA. We reached the classroom and settled down into our seats. Fred didn't say anything else but he kept glancing over at me worriedly. Magenta Black strolled in and flopped down next to Fred, we met her first year on the train to Hogwarts, and we've been fast friends ever since.

"Hey Freddie, Georgie." I forced a smile, remembering the day she'd given us those nicknames.

"George's been acting funny." Fred stage whispered. 

"Great Fred, just go on and tell the whole school." I mumbled sarcastically, causing Magenta to frown.

"I'm sorry to hear that. What's bugging ya George?" She asked.

"Nothing important." The class was full and Professor Lupin called our attention to the front. 

"Good afternoon. Today we will be continuing our lesson on basic defense charms.  Any Volunteers to demonstrate the charm from last night's reading?"

~Iris POV~

I caught a train in Hogsmeade and went was on my way back to my house. My parents knew and had convinced the school to let me leave early, but none of them knew that I was attempting to become an animagus, except for Professor Lupin, he'd agreed to help me over the summer. I had two weeks to dwell on what animal I wanted to be, but I already knew exactly what I wanted to be, a maned wolf.  The train lurched forward and began chugging toward my destination as I settled into my compartment. My raven, Sherlock sat in his cage, ruffling his glossy ebony feathers.  Yes, I had a raven instead of an owl, yet Sherlock carried mail just as well as any owl, if not better.

"Candy from the trolly?" The lady asked as she passed my compartment.

"Yes, please!" I bought four liquorice wands, a box of bertie botts and a pack of owl treats for Sherlock.  I opened his cage and he hopped out onto my arm. I fed him treats and I caught up with some reading in my textbooks.

~

The train lurched to a stop, ending my slumber rather abruptly, sending all my belongings flying.  I coaxed Sherlock back into his cage from the luggage rack, then bent to gather my scattered belongings, heading out into the pleasantly bare station. My mother stood waiting for me.

"Mercury!" She smiled warmly, wrapping me into a hug.

"Hello mother." Thanks to Lupin I had regained my original appearance, curly brown hair and bright violet eyes, so I didn't frighten my mother.

"Your father and I have missed you! You didn't come home for Christmas!" She said, looking vaguely upset. I remembered that I had actually spent my winter break with George after I talked to Lupin.  Long, icy days spent outside, huge snowball fights, and heavy construction of snowmen that Hermione had taught us to animate.  I'd named mine Olaf, grinning when I'd placed a misshapen carrot in the center of his face for a nose, imperfection is beauty.  Warm nights spent by the roaring fire, cuddled into George's side, quiet murmurs and silent laughter as our group tossed cutting remarks back and forth.