Chapter 33- Red

CHAPTER THIRTY THREE: RED

 ~Several Months Later~

 "Paris?" I echoed. George nodded excitedly.

"Mum gave me floo powder, I thought it would be a good way to spend the day!" He announced, grinning.  I laughed softly and kissed his cheek. 

"Alright, alright.  I definitely can't say no to Paris!  Let me get dressed?"

"Oh! Right, yeah!" He nodded quickly, seeing as I was still in my nightclothes. 

"I'll be back in a moment!" I said, running upstairs to grab some clothes and my makeup bag and heading into the bathroom. I hopped in the shower quickly, got out and dried my hair before curling it and applying makeup.  I pulled on a floral and lace dress that ended just above my knees, and some ballet flats.  I grabbed all my things and opened the door to the bathroom and ran face first into Ginny. 

"Oh, sorry!" I smiled sheepishly. 

"Don't be it was my fault," she replied, grinning.

"You okay, Gin...?" I asked. 

"Of course!" She smiled, rocking on the balls of her feet. I nodded slowly and patted her shoulder.

"Right, carry on." I gave a small two finger salute and marched past her to put my stuff back in my bag and walk downstairs.  George was sitting at the table, tapping a coin on the wood, Mrs. Weasley was busy cooking and Fred was just sprawled out across several chairs. 

"Mrs. Weasley, g'morning!" I greeted, George pocketed the coin at the sound of my voice. 

"Iris, dear!  Good morning!" She chirped, wiping her hands on her apron and giving me a smile before turning to finish cooking.  Fred, smirked at George, which I caught from the corner of my eye as I turned to face the twins. 

"Hello, Freddie," I said, walking over to stand behind George. 

"Helllllo," he drawled, sitting up. I smiled  crookedly and kissed George on the cheek.

"Ready to go?" I asked. He was dressed in a patterned shirt and a purple waist coat with slacks. Which wasn't too far from the usual but a tad more formal. 

"Yep!" He said, standing and taking my hand before pulling me over to the fireplace.  He stepped in, grabbing a fistful of the green floo powder.  I stepped in next to him and he wrapped his free arm around my waist.

"Paris, France!" He said, throwing down the powder.  All the sudden, I felt that twisting sensation as we were pulled through the system before being tossed out of a fireplace in some obsecure Parisian shop.  I lay on the floor for a moment, coughing up soot.  I felt arms around my waist and I was pulled to my feet.  

"Sorry!" I heard George's voice. 

"It's fine," I laughed, dusting myself off, "you alright?"

"Just fine, you?" He asked, searching my eyes. 

"Absolutely perfect!" I grinned and kissed him quickly, "Paris, then?"

"Paris!" He echoed and grabbed my hand and pulled me out the door of the small shop. "Hungry?"

"Well, I haven't had breakfast yet, so very!" I said, my stomach growling just in time.  He chuckled. 

"Okay, breakfast it is!" He pulled me down the street. The Eiffel Tower was silhouetted against the warm light of the rising sun, glowing above all the other buildings. All around I could hear French being spoken, I could smell fresh bread in the bakeries.  It was all absolutely perfect in every possible way.  I followed along after him and he led me to a small cafe. 

The place looked old, a beautiful hand painted sign hung outside of the shop, ivy growing up the stone walls. Delicate metal chairs and tables sat inside of a fence.

"It's beautiful!" I exclaimed.

"Glad you think so!" He replied happily, pulling me inside the cafe. The inside was just as beautiful, fresh flowers on every table. The waiter seated us as one of the outside tables. It was warm out, a cool breeze dancing through the air, everything was absolutely perfect.  Upon the return of the waiter I ordered coq au vin and mulled wine. 

"So," he began, taking my hand from across the table, "what d'you think?"

"I think everything is absolutely perfect!" I laughed softly, saying exactly what had just crossed my mind, unable to contain all my excitement. 

 "Really?"

"Absolutely!  I love Paris! Besides, it's lovely to spend a day with you."

"Well, I feel the same," he smiled, eyes creasing.  He brushed his thumb over the back of my hand.

"I love you," I said softly, 

"I love you too," he replied.  The waiter returned once more with our meals and we pulled our hands away to make room for the plates. I took my wine in hand and smiled at him.

"Cheers," I said, holding up my glass, tapping it to his.  I smiled and then sipped my wine. "What is this all about anyway?" 

"What?  Can't I take my girlfriend out for a day?"

"Well, of course I don't mind it!  Just wondering what the reasoning behind it was." 

"Nothing much," He shrugged. 

"Alright, alright, If you say so." I sipped my wine. 

"I dooo," he insisted. 

"Everyone seemed pretty happy today," I noted. 

"Oh yeah?"

"Mhm."

"Alright... So maybe I do have an ulterior motive," he admitted. 

"I bloody knew it!" I exclaimed, earning a laugh from him. "What is it?"

"You'll find out sooon."

"Georgeeee," I whined. He smiled at me playfully. 

"Irissss," he mimicked.  I shook my head. "Now one second," he tapped my nose and stood before walking up to the bathroom.  I took a bite of my meal and laughed softly, of course he found some way out of telling me.  It was strange though, how different everyone was acting this morning.  It wasn't too much longer before he finally returned, instead of sitting back down he walked over and stood beside me. 

"Hello," I smiled up at him.

"Iris?" 

"That's me," I laughed softly. He smiled a bit, and then dropped to one knee. Instantly my hand went to my mouth, heart pounding. 

"Mercury Iris Lupin, would you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?" He asked, voice unsteady as he pulled the ring box from his pocket and opened it to reveal a silver ring with a ruby in the centre. At first all I could do was nod.

"Y-yes!" I exclaimed at last, holding out my hand for him to put on the ring.  I threw my arms around him and kissed him deeply.  This would be it.  Me, a Weasley.

At long last, all was well.