Chapter 21- Elementary, My Dear Watson

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE: ELEMENTARY MY DEAR WATSON

~This Chapter skips forward to Iris unpacking on her first day back at Hogwarts~

"Fine!" I said to Sherlock who was relentlessly biting at his cage bars. "Here." I unhinged the cage and he fluttered out to the mahogany headboard of my bed. I was finally back at Hogwarts. Letting out a content sigh, I began to pile my clothes into the drawers next to my bed. My new dorm-mates were Hermione, Ginny, Angelina, and a transfer from Beauxbatons, she hadn't arrived yet. I neatened my books when suddenly the door burst open and Sherlock went fluttering across the room. A girl walked in dragging a trunk. She made me think of a benevolent angel. She had big black eyes like pools of ink.  Her thick, straight, long hair was a dark auburn hue, and hung down to frame her porcelain face and delicate jawline. She was extremely tall, with legs that didn't seem to stop, and a slender build.  With thin eyebrows that turned up a bit, suggesting mischief, and perfectly white teeth.  Her coal eyes darted over to me and softened.

"Are you Hermione, Ginny, Angelina, or Iris?" She panted.

"Iris M.  Nice to meet you...."

"Amaryllis Pond, You can call me Amy, Amy Pond." She offered her hand, leaving her trunk to fall to the ground. I shook it.

"You sound Scottish Miss Pond." 

"I am."

"How old are you, Amy?" I wondered, she looked older than most students in my year. 

"Old enough..." She answered slowly.

"Oh. So, erm- you transferred from Beauxbatons?"

"What?  Oh yeah, sure." She said, eyes darting around the room.

"Right." I said slowly. Suddenly, two ravens instead of just Sherlock flew over to the footboard of my bed.

"Sherlock, who's your friend?" I asked him.  He let out an ear-piercing caw.

"Oh!  This is my-erm-raven, Watson." Amy said.

"Watson? Mine's Sherlock! Sherlock and Watson!" I laughed, Amy grinned.  There was a moment where the both of us were just laughing while our ravens stared at us with their beady black eyes. 

"So." Amy said eventually. "Where're the others?"

"Hermione, Ginny, and Angelina?"

"Yeah."

"They already put their things away so I assume they're out in the common room, Hermione might be in the library though." I sighed.

"Why the library?" Amy asked.

"Hermione is the definition of book worm." I said, grinning slightly.  After that was a few seconds of awkward silence and I allowed my eyes to wander.

"That's a beautiful ring." I commented, looking at her hand. Her fingers flew to the ring, it was a small diamond resting on a thin silver band.

"Thanks.  It's my eng- My mum's engagement ring." She smiled.

"Oh." The door opened and we both whipped around to find Ginny traipsing into the dorm.

"Ginny!" I smiled.

"Hey." She said back. "Who's this?"

"This is our new dorm-mate, Amy Pond! She's the transfer from Beauxbatons." I told her.

"Nice to meet you, Ginny Weasley." Ginny said as she shook Amy's hand.

"The pleasure is all mine." Amy said. 

"I would introduce you to Hermione but she's in the library, studying." Ginny said.

"Already?" Amy asked.

"That's Hermione for you!" I laughed.

"So dinner's soon and they will sort the first years.  I'll leave you to get settled then." Ginny said, grabbing her wand from her bed and disappearing out the door.  I helped Amy put her things away and we made small talk the whole while.  I glanced over at the clock some time later. 

"Dinner time!" I proclaimed, wiping sweat from my forehead.

"Oh, go on down I'll meet you there." Amy said, gingerly waving me off.

"Oh, you sure?"

"Yeah, yeah." She assured me as I closed the door.  I walked slowly down the stairs and found that most of the common room was empty, then I saw them.. the twins! 

"Yeah, be right there! Save me a seat!" George called after Fred.  My breath caught in my throat and my veins started pounding with my accelerated pulse. I dashed the rest of the way down the stairs, and once I reached the bottom I couldn't hold it anymore.

"GEORGE!" I yelped.  He whirled around just in time to catch me by the waist, and I wrapped my arms around his neck, my toes just barely touching the ground. 

"Iris!" He breathed into my hair. 

"Oh, I missed you so much!" I said, burying my face into his chest.

"Me too." He said back, falling back onto the couch. "But it hasn't even been that long!" He went on.

"Still a few weeks is way too long!" I retorted. He chuckled softly.

"Common, love. Let's go down to the Great Hall." he suggested.

"Ugh, carry me!" I demanded holding my arms out.

"Needy!" He chuckled, swooping me up and throwing me over his shoulder.

"Not like that!" I giggled.

"You should have specified!"

"Ugh!  George Weasley!" I couldn't help it, I was cracking up now. I was so happy to be back at Hogwarts, all the bad thoughts seemed to slowly drain from my mind, all except for Bellatrix's offer.