Chapter 2- Gift Baskets and Toilet Seats

CHAPTER TWO: GIFT BASKETS AND TOILET SEATS

      I sank down into the seat shivering, but not from the cold.  The door to our compartment slid open, and agonizingly slow, a long, scabby hand revealed itself.  

  I was certain of what it was.  I swallowed anxiously as it moved towards us.  A dementor.  No worse, two of them!  Ron was cowering into the seat and Ginny's eyes were squeezed shut tightly.

  One of them advanced slowly towards Harry, it gave a rattling breath of foul air.

"Harry!" Ginny yelled, as Harry began to fall.  Hermione surged forward to catch him.

     I felt strange. I couldn't see anymore and I couldn't put my head down, my face was being pulled up towards the dementors. I balled my hands into fists at the throbbing pain in my head. I could only hear the blood pulsing behind my ears.

   There was a blinding bluish white light and the pain subsided. Harry and I slumped against each other in a dead faint.

****

  When I awoke, there was a man sitting on the opposide bench from Harry, Ginny, and I. "Iris!" exclaimed Hermione. "You've been out for an hour, we thought you wouldn't wake up!" I turned to see Harry, pale white, but alive. "MMMhhhm." Was all I could say. The man offered me a piece of chocolate. How the bloody hell was chocolate supposed to help?

"Trust me, it helps." he smiled, nodding. "I'm Professor Lupin by the way. 

 I sat up quickly. It was obvious. Lupin wasn't just a wizard... he was like me. I took the chocolate slowly and sat back in my seat. He was a wolf. I could see the animal behind his eyes. "Thanks." I croaked. He smiled. "Seeing as things are calmed down, I will go back to my train car now. But if you ever need anything you know where to find me." With that the door slid close and Lupin was gone. 

  I felt dizzy. I couldn't remember anything. "Ughhh." I moaned. I closed my eyes again. The way I felt was the equivalent to losing too much blood.

 "Iris, you don't look so good." Ginny commented.  But by the time she had finished, I had either fallen asleep or fainted again.

****

     I woke up in the Hogwarts hospital wing, surrounded by little gift baskets, and.... a toilet seat? All four of my friends were perched at the end of the bed. "Is, is that really a toilet seat? Or have I gone mad?" I asked.

 Ron and Ginny laughed. "No, that's from Fred and George," Ginny giggled. "they send those to people in the hospital wing." Ron laughed, and I smirked, still too drained to give a full laugh.

 "How are you feeling?" Hermione asked.

"I don't remember a bloody thing! How long have I been out?" I asked.

"Oh, a week or so." She said simply.

"Bloody hell! A week!" I slumped into my pillow. 

"Who am I rooming with? I asked with a sigh. 

Ginny's face brightened.

"Hermione and I, of course!" she said.

"No one else?"

"Oh, there's another girl but you'll meet her later."

      I smile and realize how tired I am, I let out a great yawn. Then suddenly, a loud bang went off behind Ron, and then a set of fireworks. Ron jumped out of the way.

    The door to the hospital wing swung open and two boys walked in, arms linked. They both had fiery red hair and wore tan sweaters with either a dark green "G" or a "F" on it. 

 "And this," announced Ginny "is Fred and George. I convinced them to come and visit since you haven't met 'em yet!" 

Only once they were standing over me did I realize they were twins. 

"'Ello love!" Said George. "George Weasley, pleased to me you!" He held out his hand and I shook it. "Iris M." I replied.

"We've come to brighten up your stay!" Fred said, offering his hand, which I shook.

Their personalities were already becoming apparent, George seemed quieter...sweeter. I shook my head, I'd just met them!

"Yes, because a toilet seat is really going to help!" I laughed, a little more lively in the presence of the Weasley twins.