three + jealous

[hyunjins pov]

I sat there staring at y/n as she drifted to sleep, how annoying I thought to myself. I should wake her up but it's Friday and everyone needs their beauty sleep. I take a sticky note off her desk and leave her a note.
"I swear we are never going to finish this essay !! When you get up text me so we can meet up at a café or park somewhere ! -hyunjin"

I walk back to my place since I only live a block away, as i enter the house I look around to see if anyone is home. "Mom! Dad!" I call out, no response. My parents weren't always home since their jobs caused them to travel a lot.

+

The following morning I hadn't received any texts from y/n. She was probably still sleeping, I decided I'd head out for a walk. I stopped at a little dog park, I greeted the dogs and hung out with them till I spotted y/n with another boy sitting at a bench. I approached them, "hey y/n!" I say. She looks up at me annoyed.

"hyunjin stalk me much?" She teases. "I was just playing with the doggies!" I assure her. The boy sitting next to me was eyeing me down, he was very handsome I'll admit. "Hi I'm y/n's friend!" I introduce myself. "I'm Changbin, y/n boyfriend." He shakes my hand. That's when I noticed their hands,he wasn't just some friend like I was, he was hers. Their fingers were locked together as they both stared at me.

"Well I'll leave you two alone hah, um y/n text me when we can finish our assignment." I tell her. I leave the couple alone and begin walking away. When I'm almost out of the park y/n catches up with me. "Hyunjin I'm sorry I didn't tell you." She says almost out of breath. "It's not like we're close or anything, I'm just your project partner." I leave her alone with her thoughts and head down the street back to my house.

I grabbed milk and cereal from out of the fridge, i plopped myself down on the couch prepared to watch some Netflix. I picked out the show 'My black butler' and settled down into the couch. I laid under my soft blanket with my bowl of cereal.

I couldn't really focus on the show, I shouldn't have said such a rude thing back to her. I shouldn't let jealousy come over me, but just thinking about him being able to kiss her soft lips and cuddle with her till she falls asleep kills me. I wish i had the chance to spend ever second of my life with her. I haven't even known her for a month and I'm already falling for her.

I grabbed my phone to text her;

Me: I'm sorry I snapped at you like that

Y/n: it's alright , I should have told you

Me: no it's fine, it's not like I have to know everything about you y/n

Y/n: yeah but I feel bad

Me: you shouldn't okie , you don't have to tell me everything :))

Y/n: let's meet up Sunday k :)

Me: yeah ok.

At the end of the day, I really was just her project partner. I was relieved to know she wasn't pissed at me for my little lash out. All I wished was that she saw me as more than just her project partner. I wish I was as close as her & Chan were. Even that is enough for me.

I finished up my cereal and headed to my room to play fortnite. The more I thought about it the more I realized that i could get any girl I wanted expect the girl I really did want. But that didn't matter anymore, I should just ask a girl out. Then I can have someone to kiss and cuddle with all the time, that way I won't be so lonely. I know just who to date, minseo. She's sort of close to y/n so that makes it even more brilliant.

I called up minseo, "hey would you want to go out with me?" I ask her. She silent on the other line the giggles, "omg yes!!" She squeals loudly. "Awesome! How about this Sunday at noon?" I ask her. "That sounds perfect." She accepts. I fist bump the air, that was easier than I expected! Once minseo and I got all of the arrangements in order I hung up.

I don't know how I'm going to date her since she's extremely annoying, but still I have to win over y/n.

+
[sunday, your pov]

I couldn't stop beating myself over about the fact that hyunjin was jealous of Changbin. I didn't actually think it was that big of a deal, but seeing his face when Changbin introduced himself broke my heart. I didn't like Changbin all that much so I sort of broke up with him.

It was a bad idea but I knew he was just using me to seem cool to his friends. I wasn't going to set myself up for heartbreak, for some odd reason I was excited to see hyunjin today and tell him I broke it off with Changbin. He might be a little upset that it was his fault but really he made me realize I shouldn't be with Changbin.

Me: hey when are we meeting up?

Hyunjin: sorry I have a date :)

Me: omg with who ??

Hyunjin: minseo

Me: oh congrats lol

When did he start to like minseo? She was the most annoying person I'd ever met. And why didn't he tell me yesterday when I said were going to meet today. What an ass making me wake up early to meet up with him. I didn't care though since I can always hang with Jisung and Chan.

[ weirdos chat ]

Me: y'all wanna hang

Chan: sure what time

Jisung: I'm down

Me: anywhere, any time I'm bored af

Jisung: how bout that skate park on 20th ?

Me: sounds fun , I'll head over there now

Chan: k meet y'all there

I skated over to the skate park since my car was broken, it wasn't that far of a walk but I still would've taken my car if it wasn't broken. When I got there Jisung was skating around by himself waiting for chan & I. I rode over to him quickly.

"Wassup bro." I say. "Oh hey y/n!" He smiles at me. "Where's Chan?" He asks. I shrug, "he's probably skating from his house." I guess. For the next 10 minutes or so jisung and I skate around talking and catching up. "I swear if chan doesn't show up, I'm gonna best his ass." Jisung groans. I laugh, i could lowkey see that happening. Jisung Beating up chan for being late. Just before I could respond chan skates up to us. "Sorry I'm late, I saw hyunjin and minseo and almost fell of my skateboard." Chan laughs. "Hyunjin and minseo , were they like on a date?" Jisung asks, a hint of jealousy in his voice.

"Jisung! Do you like minseo." I tease. He turns a bright red and skates off. "He does, has for over a year now." Chan laughs. Weird, he hasn't made his move. The three of us skate around for a bit until we're all tired.

"Yo my legs hurt, I'm going head back to my place." I tell them. They both wave me off and I skate home. I was extremely exhausted and needed to get to work on my essay on hyunjin. I wondered if he had finished his on me.

+
(( a/n : this was lowkey a boring chapter lmao but now all my biases have been introduced ahaha
-Noah ))