fourteen + call

[ hyunjin pov ]

I sat alone in my room staring at my phone, I hadn't gotten any texts from y/n for almost 5 days now. I frowned and rolled out of bed sulking. I head down the steps of my parents house and into the kitchen. I pulled a single bagel out of the pantry and popped it into the toaster.

I sat at the counter and ate my bagel alone. I pulled out my phone to call y/n, "y/n, hello?" I ask. "y/n isn't here." I hear a deep voice say on the other line. I stand up from my chair, "yo who tf is this?" I call out. "none of your business kid." the male voice lets out a laugh before hanging up.

I toss my phone aside and put my head in my hands. What if I'm just overthinking, maybe he was just a cousin. Even though she said she'd only be seeing her grandma. I let out a sigh and grabbed my coat, i mumble under my breath as I speed walk down the street.

I end up jogging to jisungs house, I pound on the door until someone answers. A tall man in all black answers, "yes son?" He says in a deep voice. "I need to see jisung, it's urgent." I pant, out of breath. The man turns around and calls out for jisung, moments later we could hear him jogging down the stairs. "Yeah?" Jisung meets me at the doorway.

"Talk with me outside." I move aside to let jisung by. We take a seat on the curbside, I take a second to catch my breath. "What's this about?" Jisung sounds annoyed. "I think y/n is cheating on me." I blurt out. Jisungs face drops, "she'd never cheat on you.." he whispers, unsure of himself. "I called her and a male voice came through. He wouldn't tell me where she was or who he was!" I throw my head to the sky, trying to keep myself from breaking into tears.

"Hyunjin.. she loves you way to much." Jisung tries to make this situation lighter. "No..s-she doesn't." I choke down my tears. Jisung strokes my back, "hyunjin she does." He promises to me. I shake my head and look down at my feet.

"I'm getting tickets." I blurt out. "what..?" He gives me a confused look. "I'm getting tickets, and flying out to see y/n." I smirk. Before jisung can talk me out of it I'm dashing back home.

I run into my house and grab my laptop and dads credit card. I immediately buy a ticket without thinking anything of it. I smile, relived. My flight leaves tomorrow at 7:45.

+
(Next day)

I ran down the airport halls, dashing and dodging past people. I would occasionally say sorry, most people cursed at me. I woke up late and was about to miss my flight.

I successfully got onto my flight and was seated next to an elderly couple at the very back. "Where are you going kid?" The old man smiled at me. "To visit my girlfriend." I smile back. "Oh! How sweet.." the old lady grinned at me sweetly. I smiled back and plugged in my earbuds.

Once we arrived, I hopped in the taxis and told the drive y/n address. When we arrived I walked to the hotel across the way and booked a room. I called y/n once I got in my room. "Hello?" It was the deep voice again. "Hey can I speak with y/n?" I plead. "1 minute." He groans. I hear rustling on the other line then her voice is clear, "HYUNJIN!" She squeals. I giggle, "hi baby.." I say, tears falling down my cheeks. "Ah I've missed hearing your voice." I admit to her. "Baby...are you crying?" She asks me. "N-no." I wipe my tears away.

"Who was that guy?" I say a little to forcefully. "Oh. Are you jealous.." I can hear her smirk through her tone of voice. "No! W-well Yeah.." I say embarrassed. "Don't worry, he's my grandmas boyfriend." She tells me honestly. I believe her, "ah ok." I say relived. "What are you doing?" A faint voice is heard in the back. "I'm talking to a friend, she needs help on winter break homework." Y/n lies. I giggle, "so I'm a girl now?" "A hot girl.." she whispers.

I crack up, "how long can you talk for?" She asks me. "Forever." I smile. "I can hear you smiling." Y/n says, I blush. "I'm not!" "Yes you are!" She laughs aloud. "Oh shit, my grandma found me out. Call me tomorrow ok, I'm changing your contact name to-" the line disconnects.

+
(( a/n: I'm bored ,, my friend left me 🥵😪))