thirteen + flight to hell

[ your pov ]

today was the last day until Christmas break, we have 2 1/2 weeks off from school. my mom wanted to go visit my sexist grandma for break. hyunjin planned on going on a date before id get on my flight. we ended up going to the park and just talking, "why don't we just run away." hyunjin suggests, I roll my eyes, "babe my mom would woop my ass." he laughs at my comment. "I just wish we could stay in, drink hot coco and snuggle.." he pouts. "trust me, that sounds a shit ton better than going to my grandmas house." I groan.

hyunjin drives me up to the airport to meet my mom, tears stream down my face as he kisses my nose, forehead thin lips. he wraps his arms around me and looks down, tears dropping onto his lap. "stay safe, call me every hour." he hugs me tightly. my mom walks over and breaks us up, "ok kid let her go." she growls. I kiss hyunjins cheeks then wave goodbye. "I love you..." I hear him whisper.

my mom grabs my waist and hurries me into the airport, "he's not right for you." my mom mumbles almost inaudible. I ignore her remarks and focus on getting through security and onto our plane as quick as possible so I could hear his voice again.

+

we took our seats close to the bathrooms, I popped in my earbuds and called hyunjin on FaceTime. "hiii!" he answers almost automatically. "hi baby." I smile at him. the person next to me is practically asleep so they won't interrupt my call. my mom is across the way looking out the window with her earbuds in. I groan and turn my attention back on my boyfriend. "we won't be able to talk for long, my flight is about to take off." I frown.

"its okay, as long as I can see you for 2 minutes I'm happy." hyunjin starts cutting in and out, I can barely hear him. "babe, I have to go." I say before hanging up.

I notice my mom staring at me across the way, I awkwardly wave to her and turn back to my window. I stare out at the clouds, music flooding my thoughts. I breath out and look down at my fidgeting hands.

Ever since me and hyunjin started dating, he was like my life support. I didn't know how i was gonna survive 2 1/2 weeks without him. I pulled out my phone to send a quick text, knowing it wouldn't go through.

me: just took off, ilysm 💖

for the rest of my flight I slept and listened to my playlist on repeat. nothing was going to bother my sleep.

+

We stepped off the plane safely and headed to go meet our taxi. "How was your flight?" My mom asks. "Fine, you?" I reply. "Yeah good." She nods. My mom and I haven't been talking much at all since seungmin showed up at our house, and I started dating hyunjin. She's been distant lately, she'll barely ever talk to me.

my mom points to a small yellow taxi and waves to the driver. They pull over and we hop in, "where too?" He asks. The taxi stinks of Tobacco and mold. I pull my face mask over my nose and close my eyes, my earbuds still in.

When I open my eyes again we're at my grandmas house. My mom paid the taxi driver and stepped out. I took a good look at my grandmas mansion. She married my grandpa for the money and fame. I look up to my grandpa, he was hardworking and believed everyone was created equal. The only thing wrong with him is that he thought my grandma loved him too, but she never did and never will. She didn't even cry at his funeral.

"Ah! Y/n, your so grown up!" She exclaims. I just smile and nod, I sneak past my mom and head up the big staircase to my bedroom. I opened the door and ran to the bed, I giggled loudly. I was finally able to just be alone.
Downstairs I could hear my grandma say, "why is she giggling?" And my mom replying, "her dumb boyfriend probably." I frown. My mom really didn't like hyunjin, she had no reason not to like him.

Hyunjin: have u landed?
Me: yesssir
Hyunjin: :))
Me: I miss u
Hyunjin: I miss u way more
Me: no
hyunjin: yes
Me: no
hyunjin: yes
Me: a lady is always right !
hyunjin: :P
me: I love you
hyunjin: I love you more.
read

My grandma bursts into my room and snatches my phone, "time for dinner." She hisses. I snatch my phone back and roll my eyes. I head down the steps and meet my mom in the dinner room.
we all sit around a large table and dig into our food. "So y/n who's your boyfriend." my grandma asks. "His name is hyunjin, he plays soccer and is extremely smart." I say proudly. "Is he handsome?" "Dashing." I blush. "Aw adorable." My grandma admires my blushing.

"ah lee ((your mom)) have you found a new husband?" My grandma asks. My mom shakes her head 'no.' "I'm fine single." She smiles. I grin to myself, I hoped she wasn't lying and that she really was happy.

+
(( sorry for short chapter ,, I'm lazy :P ))