Chapter 18

"So Lani have you found a wedding dress yet?" my best friend Jackie questions. I shake my head no as we look through the racks of pure white dresses.

"No that's why your here," I tell her with a small laugh.

"Well I am the maid of honor!" Jackie says with a huge smile on her petite face. Jackie and I have been best friends since we were in 1st grade. Jackie's father is african american while her mother is mexican giving her skin a bronze color with long black hair set in big curls.With big doe eyes that can capture any one's heart that's how her and her husband Ben got together now they have a little boy who is two Matt.

"Yes you are cause your my best friend what else do you expect," I say in a 'duh' voice.

"I know you love me!" Jackie says looking through some more racks.

"Yes this is true," I tell her looking at a long white dress off the shoulder floor length it was quit beautiful that' for sure.

"You go sit down I'm picking out your dress," Jackie says pushing me towards a large plush purple chair with a white pillow I sit obediently and watch her run off. I sigh this was my best friend she was crazy go lucky kinda gal who I love with all of my heart. We both are the exact opposite of one another but we balance each other out just fine. After a few more minutes she comes running back with a white dress over her shoulder. She grabs my arm and drags me to the dressing room throwing me into the dressing room and hangs the long white dress on the hook.

"I'll be waiting!" she sings leaving me. I just roll my eyes and slip on the dress. I look in the mirror the dress was mermaid stlye dress that is plain until it reachs my mid thighs then turns into thick ruffles. It brought out all of my features beautifuly. I open up the long red curtain to the dressing room and step out. I look over at Jackie my nerves starting up again my hands feeling slightly sweaty at the moment as she sits there silently looking at me.

"Y-you don't like it?" I question my voice stuttering from the nervesnous.

"Like it? I frickin love it! You look sooooo pretttyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!" she squeals jumping up and down.

"Really?" I question in shock.

"Of course! I mean you look all grown up! OMG! I remember when we were little and we used to talk about this one day!" she says with a bright smile as she jumps up and down like a small child.

"I know," I say with a nod of the head.

"Oh Lani!" she says with a grin.

"What?" I question confused.

"Is this your dress?" she questions me.

"Yes!" I squeal as she runs up to me and gives me a hug.

"Eekkkk! Your getting married! But remember if he hurts you I kick his ass got it!" she tells me with a serious face.

"Yes of course you will Jackie," I say with a small laugh because she is so tiny compared to Liam.

"Hey don't dout my skills!" she says slapping my arm playfully.

"I wasn't," I say with a laugh as I go and change back into my clothes and put the dress back into it's bag.

"Alright let's go pay!" Jackie yells making everyone in the store turn and stare at us.

"Yes!" I exclaim as we go and pay. Right when we leave Jackie yells on the top of her lungs "It's not nice to stare!"

"What was that for?" I question.

"Well it's true you should never ever stare at someone! Even if they're weird like me!" she says putting her hands on her hips as we get into the car.