Chapter 5

I chop up the salad as Leroy works on the hamburgers every year right when school lets out on June 3 we always have a barbeque and every year we change who holds the event this time around it's my turn. I sigh and cut up the lettuce that was on the counter the guys would be here soon, probably hungry and devour a whole bunch of snacks before we eat. Abella sits on the dining room table coloring quietly humming to the music that is playing through out the whole apartment. The doorbell rings and I leave my cutting board to answer it, I open up the door to see all of the guys there. It's now been three weeks since Liam and I had sex and the little slut of his is always glareing at me. I haven't even talked to him. I open the door and they walk in chatting and laughing. I feel my head ache worsening and my stomach flipping and twisting as the nausea hits me. I run to the bathroom and puke again, I sigh my stomach still flipping. That's when the idea hits me like a ton of bricks, why didn't I think of this before? I run out of the bathroom pulling on a pair of shoes and a jacket.

"Where are you going?" Tony questions everyone looks at me.

"Umm I'm getting some fruit," I lie running down the stairs to the nearest market. I grab some fruit and quickly pay. I go back to the apartment sneaking my own things into my purse and set the fruit on the kitchen counter and grab a bunch of water bottles going into the bathroom and locking the door. I chug down all of the water bottles and grab the devils hand. I throw them into the sink and wait I know I can check but I'm to much of a chicken to get up and look. I take in a deep breath and force myself to look. I look into the sink and see what I was dreading all along. The three blue crosses make me shake as I look at it in terror and sadness. Tears fill up my eyes as I sit there stareing at the sink as tears fall down my cheeks. I hear a small knock on the door. I wipe he tears away and open up the door and throw the tests into a bag and hide them.

"Momma you otay?" she questions with her eyes looking big at me. I nod and put on a fake smile.

"Yeah baby girl just that momma doesn't feel good." I explain to her. She nods and walks back out I follow her and go back to chopping the letuce. I hear Liam's girlfriend giggle, I look down at my stomach and feel my heart drop. As we sit eating everyone is chatting and laughing away when Tony looks at me and asks.

"So what are you going to do?" he questions looking at me curiously.

"About what?" I ask.

"Well you know, I know you don't like Abella growing up in a big city so what are you going to do?" he asks. I shrug and stab a piece of lettuce with my fork and munch on it thinking about it. I can tell everyone is waiting for me to answer the question since everyone is looking at me now including Liam.

"Umm well I don't like raising Abella in a city, I would love to move to California or Oregon," I say smiling at Abella as she eats her chicken nuggets. Leroy looks at me.

"So you're going to leave right when you just came here?" he questions. I nod.

"I know sounds crazy but a city isn't a place to raise a child," I explain. Liam's girlfriend nods her head I think her name was Tiana or something like that.

"Yeah this is a place for partying and having fun not some kid," she says venom dripping in her voice. I really just want to smack her at the moment but hold it in, I was in no mood. I get up and go to the kitchen grabbing some more ketchup. When I sit back down Liam clears his throat.

"Don't you think it's kind of unfair that I'll never get to see my child though?" he asks. I shrug not really careing about what he has to say.

"Well you haven't been there for the past five years so what makes a difference all of a sudden?" I ask cocking my head to the side looking at him with wide eyes.