Chapter 8

The next morning I get up and help Brenda with the food while Liam and Henry start up the barbeque.

"Momma look it!" Abella says with a happy smile.

"Yeah baby girl," I say with a fake smile and wide eyes to make her happy.

"Oh I almost forgot!" Brenda says exasperated throwing her hands up. I look at her confused as she dusts off her hands on her apron leaving the room. Then she runs back in with a bag in her hands, she goes down to Abella's level and hands her the bag.

"I got that for you since you love princesses it's the newest one," Brenda explains getting up. Abella looks at the bag then opens it to reveal the newest princess from the movie Brave. Abella's eyes light up from looking at the box a big grin on her face.

"Thank you," she says with a smile giving Brenda a hug. Brenda's eyes go wide from this small gesture from her granddaughter. Abella runs off to show Liam her little feet pounding against the wood flooring.

"I forgot that Liam was the only child so she's your only grandchild," I say as we chop up different vegtables for the salad and to go with the hamburgers.

"Yeah, I'm glad we had a boy so then are name can then be passed down," Brenda says with a smile looking out the window to were Liam is helping Abella with her new doll.

"Yeah," I say with a nod looking at Abella who is in Liam's lap watching him.

"He really loves her," Brenda says with a soft smile.

"Yeah, Abella just adores him. I think since she knows that he's her dad it hleps with their relationship," I reply as I cut up the tomatoes.

"Oh I love her so much so does Henry, he always wanted a girl after Liam but we never got the chance." Brenda chuckles lightly.

"So what are we going to be eating?" I ask.

"Umm hamburgers, hotdogs, and steak with salad, fruit, and a bunch of crap for desert," she says laughing lightly.

"Great that's what Abella needs suguar to get her all hiped up," I say with a chuckle.

"Oh by the end of the get together she'll be pooped out," Brenda says with a wave of the hand.

"I hope so she can be such a stubborn little thing when it comes about that kind of stuff," I say shaking my head looking at my little angel who is running back inside.

"I wonder where she got that from?" Brenda says joking around making me laugh.

"Most definitely Liam," I say with a nod.

"Are you talking about me? Because what ever she says isn't true," Liam says wrapping his arms around my waist kissing my cheek.

"Oh so then you dressing up as superman isn't true?" I ask innocently. His face goes beat red from bringing up his childhood.

"I am not answering that question," he grumbles.

"Aww did we upset you," I coo.

"Maybe," he pouts. I just laugh and grab Abella to go change and put her toys away. I put Abella in a pink bikini that has a white flower on it with blue shorts and a pink shirt. Then I change into a black bikini with black shorts with a white shirt to match the whole set. Once we go down stairs people are starting to come in with swim suits on laughing and smiling giving Brenda, Henry, and Liam a hug. Liam spots me and drags me over there with Abella in my arms.

"Momma who are these people?" she whispers hiding in my hair.

"These are daddy's family you know like mommies," I explain.