Blown Up Chapter 8

Did you guys miss me? I'm sorry for ditching this story for so long. I was having a bit of a bad summer, that was extremely busy. I can't edit. If you are interested in being an editor, please say so!

EnJoy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The freeway was one of the most likely places to get caught. Which is exactly why we were on it. They expected us to be on back roads, and more sly ways on our journey. I'm pretty sure they expected us to go north. Rick would never guess that we would take an open car, and party on the highway. Hell, if they passed us now, they wouldn't recognize us at all. Being discreet was for a newbie. If I acted like I was hiding from something that just makes it more suspicious.

Thus, I had reason to have my music blasting in the car, singing on the top of my lungs. "This is not a drive byyyyyyyyyyeeeeee!"

"Will you ever shut up?" Zach grumbled.

He was still stuck in the back seat. Danny moved back with him, and I got the front seat. Basically, he was tired of Zach and I bickering non-stop. After two hours, we pulled over. Derek was driving next to me, and I think both of them regretted the decision to put me in control of the radio and in the passenger seat.

"Never," I turned around, and gave him a sweet smile.

"I think I would kill you if we weren't an hour from LA," Danny complained.

I giggled like a little school girl. As annoyed as they were, acting like a typical teenager was important for our disguise and safety. One, I made all three of them go blonde. Unfortunately, my golden locks were dyed a simple red. It looked natural enough. However, it was cheap stuff. The wallet we pick-pocketed of only had a couple hundred dollars. We needed it to last.

"I think we can all agree that once we get to LA, we need to figure out a game plan," Derek interrupted my thoughts.

I sighed. "Of course we do. We are always going to be on the run, if we can't bring down the hidden government goons and bring out the secret that Danny has yet to tell us."

Danny growled in exasperation, "You don't know it for your own good.

I stuck my tongue out at him. If he was going to treat me like an ignorant child, then I was going to act like one.

Hours later, we finally checked into a hotel. Knowing Rick found us due to the cheapness and terrible quality of the last hotel, we claimed one that was nice, fancy, and extremely expensive, with great security to the individual rooms. Luckily, the couple wallets we had acquired gave us enough credit cards so that we could pay off the two rooms without the people knowing, until they realized their wallet was missing. However, splitting us the room costs was easier than hide than loading a 1,500 dollar hotel room times two on one card.

"Thank you misters and miss. You're rooms are on the sixth floor. Everything you need will be right at your service," the French man behind the desk dragged out his words.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes at him. When we bought new clothes, they were pretty nice. However, they were definitely not nice enough compared to the other guests at the hotel. Just because our clothes were not up to the expected dress code doesn't mean that he should act like we were slow criminals.

My eyes were wide open when we made it to the elevator. It was completely crystal, except for the floor that looked like it could be worth a million dollars alone. It was enormous.

"Holy crap," Zach gapped beside me.

"I think we might have overdone it," I muttered.

"You don't say," Danny and Derek growled at the same time.