Blown Up Chapter 9

I was still ignoring Zach. I was proud of myself. For me to be quiet for more than 5 minutes was surprising enough, but for three whole hours? That was definitely a new world record. He tried talking o me but gave up after thirty minutes. I was mad at him, but if I had sat there and argued with him, the other two would have definitely caught up. In fact, I was really angry. One, I felt betrayed. I mean, how could I not? And then there was the fact that I was not allowed to stay in that hotel. It was the greatest place I had been to in a year. So, yeah, I was mad.

                At least the view was nice. I had no idea where I was going though. I was just driving. The wind blew past my face, and birds chirped in the background. We had followed the ocean for a while, enjoying the beauty of it. If I ever got out of this mess, I was living here. It was gorgeous.

                Zach broke the silence. “Alia, do you have any idea where you are going?”

                I didn’t reply.

                “Alia, if you don’t answer me, I will come over there and take control of the car and stick you in the passenger seat.”

                I doubt he would do that in a moving vehicle that I was driving, so I didn’t say anything.

                But he did. I think boys should be shorter because he just stuck his overly long legs over mine and gradually brought us to a stop. I tried to make the vehicle go again, but he had his arms wrapped around me and was half on top of me so that I couldn’t take control of the car again. Somehow, he managed to maneuver us to switch seats.

                “Hey!” I protested as he buckled my seat belt in.

                “Hey, how are you?” he replied.

                “Not very well, thanks,” I sarcastically replied.

                “Aww, I’m sorry. That sucks,” he nodded his head sympathetically.

                I smacked him on the back of the head with some force causing him to flinch and jump out of his seat slightly.

                “Ouch,” he muttered, rubbing the back of his head, “what was that for?”

                I ignored him once again, but he kept poking me while he drove. He deserved a good punch in the face; however, I figured it was not a good idea to punch the driver in the face. At least, it wasn’t according to Driver’s Ed, which also taught me it was possible to get an A in the class if you slept in the back seat of the car.

                It went on like this for several hours. I think whenever I began to talk again, I should earn an award. I mean, my third grade math teacher gave the whole class a pizza party with cake when I went ten minutes without talking, and I was really craving cake at that point.

                I finally spoke again when I realized we were almost out of gas in the middle of nowhere and the sun was setting. Zach went to poke me again, but I grabbed his finger and pointed it to the gas gauge, just in time for the car to slow down into a stop.

                “Crap.”

                “Crap is right,” he responded.

                “What are we supposed to do now?

                “Walk.”

                I stared at his with my mouth wide open.

                “Close your mouth. Wouldn’t want bugs to fly in your mouth.”

                I shut it, but still refused to get out of the car, crossing my arms across my chest. Zach sighed and lifted me out of the car and set me on my feet. Seriously, this was unfair. Why couldn’t I have gotten extremely obese instead of really skinny while I lived on my own? Then, no one could lift me up at their every pleasing.

                “But, I don’t want to leave my baby,” I protested.

                “What?”

                “My baby,” I cried, hugging the pink convertible, “I can’t bear to part with my baby.”

                He stared at me unamused. “It’s a car that we haven’t even had for two days.”

                “Well, yea but…”

                “And Derek and Danny could catch up to us, or even worse Rick,” he pointed out.

                He had a really valid point. I walked away from the car sadly but willingly.

                “Let’s walk.”

                I seriously couldn’t believe it. I was walking. WALKING! Okay, walking isn’t that bad, but walking for  hours on end is. Especially when you’re tired. And boy I was tired. I felt like I hadn’t slept in forever.  In fact, the last time I remembered sleeping was when Rick invaded.  So like two days ago. Yea, I definitely had an excuse to complain about walking.

                Steadily, the sky grew dark, and we were still walking. Like what the heck. Countlessly I complained to Zach, but he either shut me down, argued back sarcastically, or pushed me. We seriously acted like little kids.

For the millionth time I opened my mouth.

                “Zach, I really think-”

                I was interrupted by headlights coming behind us. We hadn’t seen a car pass by in an hour at least, and it was pitch black. I clutched Zach’s arm. The chances of it being Danny and Derek were high, but it being Rick and/or Jason high exceeded that. Zach returned by grabbing my hand with the other arm. I pulled out my pocket knife which I had stolen from Danny.

                As the car approached us, it slowed down. It halted right beside us. Perfect.  The tinted window of the seat behind the driver on the dark Honda Civic rolled down.  A young Asian woman with short bob and aviator sunglasses on peeked out. The first thought that popped into my head happened to be that she was a douche bag for wearing sunglasses at night followed by my internal inquiry of can women even be douche bags.

                Zach on the other hand glared suspiciously.

                “I think you two could use a ride,” She spoke in a very monotone voice.

                And don’t worry, Zach and I both glanced at each other grinning, thinking of a perverted joke.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay, I don't really have an excuse to why it's been basically a year since I've updated this, and almost two for the rest of my books. I've been busy with swimming, sick, two friends commmited suicide, two shoulder injuries, work, and school. So writing and wattpad completely drained from my mind. Luckily, my sister reminded me about it last week on vacation. We returned today so I scrummaged through this just to post it today. So sorry my loves, and hopefully the next chapter for any of my books will be soon.

Peace, Love, and Happiness, 

Kara