Chapter 8

"We here!"Abdul couldn't wait to get out of the car, "Calm down baby." You chuckled at his enthusiasm. The big new building that held a state of the art trampoline park had been shut down for Abdul's birthday.

"Welcome Prince Abdul." The owner wore a bright smile as she greeted Dul and the rest of you. "We just have to cover a few ground rules and you can have at it."

After the brief safety instructions, you all put on the designated socks and Abdul pulled you to jump with him. "I'm tired already." 

"We just got here!" He did an effortless double backflip and you had to pause, "Where did you learn to do that?"

"Training with Baba." You looked over at T'Challa who was actually laughing, for the first time in awhile, with Malaika while they were going through an obstacle course. "Come on dad!"

"Eh, I am an old man. Give me time." "You're only 40!"

He chuckled and shook his head, "Bast, I am coming."

"Mama, can you do this?" Abdul jumped up and did a triple backflip and a front aerial and to a double layout, "No, no I cannot." 

Laughing he skipped over to his dad and sister. You watched him walk to them, "I beat you can't beat me Dul."

Abdul accepted his sister's challenge and you watched them go at it. T'Challa took the opportunity to stand beside you but at a safe distance, "Thank you for coming."

Folding your arms, you took a quick glance at him, "I'm not here for you." You shot. He hung his head, "I know but still thank you. The children are happy to have you here and so am I."

Your hand instinctively went to tuck your hair behind your ear, but when you realized you didn't have any at the moment. You settled for running your hands through your short curls and sighed, "Well I won't be here long. I'll be gone in a week."

He opened his mouth to speak but stopped and just nodded. The sound of your names being called by your children pulled you out of the awkward conversation.

After a fun and tiring time at the park, you all went to the movies. You were side eyeing the children after a while because it seemed as if they were trying everything in their power to get you and T'Challa beside each other. And that was the setup for the movies; Abdul, you, T'Challa, and Mala.

Like in this very moment, you were sitting next your husband while the movie on the big screened play. You could feel him stealing glances at you, "Would you like any popcorn?"

"No thank you." You crossed your arms and were pretty sure you had a permanent pout on your face. Of course T'Challa couldn't help but notice how tense you were but he didn't comment on it. He was just happy to have you next to him, to have your scent permeate his nose. To feel the heat of your skin radiate on him.

"That was a good movie!" Abdul was still very hyper, "It was son." T'Challa smiled and helped him into the car.

Dinner was next and once again Wakanda's finest restaurant was completely emptied out for the Royal family. "Can I have the artisan pizza please?"

"Of course, anything for the birthday Prince." The waitress smiled and jotted down Abdul's order. "Princess?"

"I would like a california roll, one scoop of wasabi and a heaping pile of ginger. And more lemon for my tea please." Both you and T'Challa shook your heads and laughed at how boujee she was.

"And for you Queen Maya?"

"A caesar salad and a medium well steak please." She smiled, "King T'Challa?"