Chapter 6

T'Challa felt like his heart had been ripped out of his chest as realization finally struck that you were really gone

T'Challa felt like his heart had been ripped out of his chest as realization finally struck that you were really gone. The woman who helped him loosen up and become a better version of himself throughout the years actually got on a jet and left.

He pondered on all of his actions and beat himself up at the fact that it didn't click sooner, you were by his side throughout everything and what did he do? He treated you like you were a worthless servant. He grabbed you and caused you harm, that was something he could never forgive himself for. And to make things worse, he had put the children through this.

"What the hell is wrong with me?" He held the found a secret stash of pills and stared at them. His guilt was eating ate him and he once again turned to the pill to take him away from his current circumstances. In that second, Erik burst through the office door and froze, "Man, what are you doing?"

Fighting to hide the opened bottle of pills, he instead dropped them and cursed himself as they scattered to the floor. "This is what Maya was talking about? You still poppin' these?"

T'Challa shook his head,"N-no."

 Storming over to his desk and slapping his hand on the vibranium coated wood, he stared into T'Challa's eyes "You can't keep doing this man." Erik's eyes were glossing over with tears.

"You are fucking killing yourself, man." Shrugging T'Challa leaned back and stared into the void, "What if that's the goal?"

"Man, don't say shit like that!"

"I can't live knowing I put my family through that shit and Maya-" He got choked up at the flashback of the fear in your eyes, "I fucked it all up with the only person whoever really," He let out a strangled sob and pulled at his hair. 

"I need help Erik. I need my wife, my best friend, and my Kitten back."

Erik wiped his eyes, "We are going to get you some help. Come on T." Erik offered him his hand and his encouragement. 

"You helped me get my shit together, now I am paying it forward."

***

The classical music played throughout your parent's summertime/holiday Mansion. It was a space your parents owned and used only for huge family gatherings but as of now it had been your fortress of solitude.

You finally managed to find the time to take care of yourself. "Girl you look a mess." You said before taking out the ponytail holder that has been holding the same bun up for awhile now and ran your fingers through your hair. A small gasp left your lips before you examined the chunk of hair that clung to your fingers with ease.

The brush shook in your hand and you gently brushed through and felt sick at the large amounts of hair that were coming out. "No, no, no!" You put it on the marble counter and stepped back to quickly pull out your phone and do as much research as to why your hair was falling out.