Chapter 2

Warnings: Angst

The news of  assassination attempt on the Udaku Family spread through the media like wildfire

The news of assassination attempt on the Udaku Family spread through the media like wildfire.

This just in the King of Wakanda has been shot in the chest, no news of his current condition but we should have all of the details shortly.

Breaking news from CNN-

The King of Wakanda has reportedly took a bullet for the Queen.

No word on the King of Wakanda's condition.

All speculations and rumors and you couldn't confirm or deny because you were pacing back and forth in the hospital lobby. You had to cut off your phone due to the overwhelming amount of texts and calls from friends and family. Why speak on questions you didn't have the answer to?

All that came to your mind in that moment, were your babies. Your heart broke all over again and you sunk to your knees, ignoring the throbbing feeling that came along with being on the cold white floor. No tears escaped but it felt like they should have. The Udaku siblings had witnessed their father being shot, some of his blood stained their clothes. They heard the screams of the crown, the Milaje, and worst of all, their mother.

They didn't deserve to see that, they didn't deserve to witness the collapsing of their father and to see him gasping for air. No child did and yet yours saw it all. Luckily they were on their way back to Wakanda were the rest of the family would take care of them until T'Challa could be transported back.

Regret consumed you for many reasons but for now the only reason was that you left your children to the unknown. You weren't there to comfort them or to sooth them and cast aside their worries. But you had to be with your husband, but you-

You shook away the forgoing battle between what you thought was right and wrong and pulled yourself together. Tears had to be left for mourning and he wasn't dead yet, instead he was in the operating room, fighting for his life. Surgeons from Wakanda were immediately flown out to work on their King and right now they were doing the Lord's work, ensuring that he was stable enough to come back home to be properly treated under the advanced Wakandan technology.

Kali walked over to you with a cup of coffee, "Please drink something, ikumkani wam. It has been hours since you had something in your system." It had been but you couldn't stomach anything until your lover was announced alive and functioning. "I am fine."

She nodded and sat the cup on the table and stood beside you, "It is okay," 

While you and Kali were on very good terms, it was always Ayo who took the lead in comforting you during times of stress, pain, and discomfort. Ayo helped you during your painful pregnancy with Abdul. She was your right hand woman. But she wasn't here and Kali had to step up, her hand carefully rubbed your back.

Silence gathered between you two and all that could be heard were obnoxious beeps of machines and shuffling of papers by the staff.

While you were outside, trying to control your emotions and plan your next move as the current ruler of Wakanda, T'Challa's life was wavering.