Chapter 24

“How dare you say that!!!” Mum yelled back. I didn’t listen to any more. I was too upset. I darted out of the room and out the front door. I ran as fast as I could and ended in the park dad used to take me to when I was younger. I didn’t care if people were staring. I walked over to one of the little swings and sat down rocking it back and forth slowly bending my head down and letting the tears slid down my face freely.

“Autumn.” I heard Alex’s voice, but ignored it until I felt someone over me. “Autumn, look at me.” He said quietly. I didn’t move. He knelt down and looked up at me through the hair surrounding my face.

“How-how could he say that?” I sobbed.

“I don’t know. But if you don’t want to you don’t have to go back. You can come and live with me. We can look after the baby there.” He told me stroking my check. I nodded. “Ok. Come on lets go back and you can pack. Besides I doubt it’s very good to be out in the cold in a t-shirt while you’re in this state.” He said taking my hand and helping me up. He then wrapped and arm around my waist and pulled me into him. We slowly made our way back to him.

I had just finished packing and was saying goodbye to mum. “I’m still here for you if you need me.” She said hugging me. Dad hadn’t bothered to come down to say goodbye.  

“I know I just don’t wanna be around ‘him’” I told her.

“Ok sweetie, well, hopefully see you soon” she said hugging me one last time before turning around to leave. When we approached Alex’s I was suddenly extremely nervous. Sure I’d been here before but not when his parents were in. He held my hand and squeezed it reassuringly. I looked up at him and smiled.

“You ready?” he asked. I nodded as a reply. With that he opened the door. “I’m home” he called.

“In the kitchen.” I heard a sweet female voice say. We walked into the big kitchen to find a kind looking woman.

“You must be Autumn, it’s nice to finally meet you. I’m Sasha Evans.” She beamed.  

“Nice to meet you too.” I said politely.

“Mum, I have something to tell you.”

“Oh?”She replied.

“Mum, um Autumn’s pregnant” he said quickly.

“Congratulations.” She said hugging us both tight. “Are you keeping it?” she asked excitedly. I nodded

“Why couldn’t my parents react like that.” I mumbled under my breath. Alex side hugged me.

“Can Autumn stay here?” Alex asked.

“Of course she can. I’m guessing you two will be happy sharing a room.” She smiled.

“Yeah sure.” I replied.

“Alex take Autumn’s bag up to your room” his mum said. Alex grabbed my bag and started to walk upstairs with me behind him.

“Your mum is so nice.” I told him. He smiled

“Yeah I guess she acted better than your dad.” He replied. I ducked my head sadly. “I’m sorry I shouldn’t have brought it up.” He said noticing my reaction.

“It’s ok, it’s not your fault.” I replied looking up and smiling weakly.

We stopped outside a door as Alex put one of my bags down and opened it. when he had picked the bag back up we walked in through the door and into a big bedroom. There was a king sized bed with an on suit walk- in wardrobe and bathroom. He walked over to the bed and set the bags down beside it.

“So, what do you think?” He asked. I said nothing but ran over to him and wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist kissing him and making him fall back onto the bed.

“I guess you like it.” I smiled and nodded.  “Good. I love you. And when that baby gets here I’m going to love it too, we are going to be amazing parents.” He whispered.

“I love you too, and yeah, we will.” I replied putting on hand on my stomach. He kissed my again before he bent his head and kissed my stomach were the baby was. He put his hand next to mine on my stomach before I rested my head on his chest.

“I guess in a way its better I’m here and not at home with my dad.” I said quietly more to myself then anyone. ‘“Yeah. We’ll look after you.” Alex said anyway. 

“Thanks.” I smiled.  I sighed contently. 

“When are you gunna get a doctor to have a check up?” Alex asked.

“Um, I don’t know I guess as soon as possible. I’ll call a bit later and see when I can go” I replied.

“Ok. Can I come with you?” he asked.

“Sure it’s your baby too.” I replied.

“Cool.”

A little while later I got up and went to call the hospital to see when I could go in for my first check up. “When did they say?” Alex asked as I walked back in.

“Tomorrow a 10.30.” I replied.

“Ok, cool.”

The next morning I woke up feeling sick. I ran to the bathroom and threw up. When I had finished I flushed the toilet and brushed my teeth before slowly walking back into the bedroom and getting back in bed. “You ok?” Alex asked. I groaned and buried my head in the pillow. He slowly rubbed my back in circles.

“What time is it?” I asked into the pillow.

“9.30” he replied. I slowly got up and started to get changed. When I was done I walked down stairs with Alex who had also got ready.

“Morning.” Alex’s mum said as we walked into the kitchen.

“Morning.” I smiled back politely.

“Hope you slept well?” she continued.

“Yes thank you and you?” I replied. “Yes very well thank you.” She smiled. “What do you two plan on doing today?” she asked.

“Well, I was going to go to the hospital for a check up and stuff. And then I’m not sure.” I replied.

“Ah, that’s a very good idea.” 

“We should start going” Alex said grabbing my hand.

“Ok.” I replied.

“Bye dears” Alex’s mum waved.

“Bye, see you later.” Alex and I replied. With that we made our way out of the house and over to Alex’s car.

When we got to the hospital Alex parked the car and got out before coming over to my side and opening the door before I got out and held his hand walking over to the large building. We walked in through the automatic doors and walked in. “Hi, I called in yesterday for a check up. My names Autumn Summers” I said as we reached the front desk.

“Ah, you called to have a pregnancy check up. The doctor will be out soon” she told us. We walked over to the seats and sat down waiting for the doctor to come and see us. When we had finished seeing the doctor we walked back to the car and drove back home.