Chapter 22

We must have been sat there for ages. I listened to Alex explain. When I had heard enough I leaned over into him and hugged him then kissing him. “Am I forgiven?” he asked. I nodded. “I’m glad.” He said again. Before I knew what was happening Alex had lay down on the bed and pulled me on top of him.

“Ow,” I mumbled as I landed on hand.

“Are you ok?” He asked. “Um not really. I think it was a bad idea punching that tree.” I replied laughing slightly.

“Oh. Do you think you’ll be ok? Do you want to go to the see a doctor?” he asked worried.

“Um... I dunno. I can go don’t worry.” I said kissing him and getting up.

“I’ll come with you.” He said firmly.

“Ok.” With that we both walked downstairs and to the living room door.

“We’ll be back in a bit. I’m quickly talking Autumn to the doctors.” Alex told them.

“Why? Is she knocked up?” Sam asked.

“No it feels like I broke my hand.” I told them.

“Oh,” Sam replied. “Hope you’re ok.” She said before Alex and I walked off. When we got to the A and E we were told to sit and wait until a doctor was free.

“Miss Summers, would you like to come through?” the doctor asked. I got up and walked towards him with Alex close behind me. “Right, what seems to be the matter?”

“Well, I um, I punched a tree and now my hand really hurts.” I said quickly.

“Well your hand would hurt if you punched a tree, but let’s have a look and see what the damage is.” He replied before lifting my sleeve. I whimpered slightly as he pressed on the sensitive skin. “I think you may have broken it. We will need to get it X-rayed to be sure.” He told me.

“Ok,”

After the X-ray they found out that – yes in fact I had broken my hand; remind me never to punch things like trees again. When I got back to the house my hand was plastered and I had a sling. Sam immediately started to question me about what had happened. So like a true friend. I lied. I told her that I ‘accidentally’ punched the tree. I don’t think she believed me though.

“Hm, so you accidentally punched a tree and broke your hand?” She questioned.

“Yep.” I replied nodding.

“Ok, I guess. Just, don’t do it again.” She told me.

“I won’t.” I replied smiling. “I’m hungry.” I said bluntly before getting up and walking into the kitchen. “Hmm” I muttered as I was deciding on what I wanted. ‘Noodles.’ I thought. I reached up to grab a bowl and felt someone wrap their arms around me. “Eep!” I squealed as I turned around to see Alex. “You scared me.” I told him.

“Aw, I’m sorry.” He replied putting his head on my shoulder and kissing my neck. I slowly turned around and attached my lips to his. He slowly lifted one of my legs and put it on his waist before doing the same with my other leg. I wrapped my arms around him and continued to kiss him. Alex slowly moved forwards so that I was sat on the counter. “I love you.” He murmured into my lips.

“I love you too” I murmured back.  Just then my tummy grumbled causing me to blush.

“Oh, I forgot you came in here because you were hungry.” Alex said laughing lightly. I jumped back of the counter and went over to the stove before I started to cook the noodles. When it was done I took it into the sitting room to find Sam and everyone else.