Chapter 14

Over the past couple of day I had got a grand total of 100 missed calls from the unknown number. I was now at Alex’s alone as the others had all gone into town. I was currently playing with the dogs. Suddenly I heard a knock at the door. ‘ It’s probably Sam and Jamie.’ I thought as I walked to the door. How wrong I was. When I opened the door stood in the doorway was none other... Jason. I tried to close the door but he stuck his foot in it. That was the worst mistake ever. I was now in even more trouble if that’s even possible.

“Now, now.” He said. Jason was the only one who could call me that.

“J-j-Jason.” I stuttered again.

Suddenly I felt a tingling sensation on my cheek. My hand flew up to cup the cheek. Jason slapped me. I thought.

“Let’s start again shall we, Stitch.” Jason said venom dripping from his voice. Suddenly Jason pushed me which caused me to fly backwards and slam my head on the mirror behind me.

“Ahh.” I screamed as the glass shattered. There was blood everywhere. Then my side collided with the banister and I heard a heart wrenching crack. I let out an ear-splitting yelp of pain before I fell in a heap on the floor and Jason made a break for it.

Suddenly Alex came in and saw me. He ran over to me.

“Baby what happened” He said worry in his voice.

“Jason, he a-a-attacked me. The doorbell rang and I went to open it. I saw he was at the door and tried to close it before he came in. He stuck his foot in the door and re-opened it before I could do anything. Then he slapped me and threw me against the wall where I hit the mirror and the banister.” I explained in pain.

“Oh my god! Okay, can you stand?” He questioned clearly worried. I tried to stand but my ribs felt like they were getting stabbed by red hot knifes.

“Ah. No my side really hurts.” I cried in pain.

“Okay we are going to need to get you to hospital.” With that he carefully picked me up bridal style and carried me to the car.

Next thing I knew I had blacked out. When I re-awoke.  I slowly opened my eyes and the light shone brightly so I quickly snapped my eyes closed. I slowly tried again to open my eyes.

“Oh you’re up.” I recognised it as Tom’s voice. “I’ll go and tell Alex. He hasn’t left your side since you came in a week ago.”

“I’ve been in here for a week.” I said shocked. That meant that they have missed school.

Tom left and then shortly after Alex came rushing in.

“You’re awake.” He said before come in and sitting on the chair next to me. I didn’t like the fact that he was far away from me and I had not been able to hug and kiss him for a week so I decided to take matters into my own hands. I sat up and moved over on the bed before patting the space next to me.

“Come, sit here, I haven’t had a hug in a week.” I complied. He didn’t move so I started to move the tubes attached to me.

“What are you doing?” Alex asked shocked.

“If you’re not coming over here I’m going to come to you.” I said and continued to remove the tubes. Before I knew what was happening I felt Alex holding my wrists to stop me from pulling the rest of the tubes out. Then I felt the bed move and Alex pulling me towards his chest. I nuzzled into him then yelped in pain.

“What happened?” He asked.

“My rib.” I replied. Just then a nurse walked in.

“Okay we have some news. Autumn you have broken 3 of your ribs.” She said to me. “You also need to stay in hospital tonight so we can make sure you have no other damage, and with luck you can go home tomorrow. Also your mother is outside. Would you like me to send her in?” the nurse questioned.

“Sure.” I replied.

Just as the nurse walked out my mum came running in.

“My poor baby.” She exclaimed. “Are you ok? What happened? When did this happen?” My mum was talking a million miles a minute until she saw Alex standing in the corner. “Who’s that?” She whispered.

“That’s Alex. My, um, boyfriend.” I replied. She smiled at him and he smiled back.

“It’s nice to meet you Mrs. Summers.” He said kindly.

“Oh please call me Jane. It’s nice to meet you too.” She replied.

“Alex, come over here, we don’t bite.” I said laughing lightly.

Alex hesitantly walked over to the other side of my bed.

“See, that wasn’t so bad, was it?” I said to him. We all started laughing.

The rest of the time my mum stayed we all talked and laughed together. It was now 6.30pm and Alex and I were trying to persuade the nurse to let him sleep over.

“It’s one more night, please?” Alex asked.

“No.” The stubborn nurse replied. “She needs rest and so do you.”

“But I’m in bed, laying down, It’s not like Alex staying is going to make a big difference.” I said.

“Fine, stay.” She said before walking off.

“Finally.” I said sighing.

“Yeah, she was really determined. What did she think we were going to do?” Alex said annoyed.

“I dunno, but we should probably go to bed so she has no excuse to come back and be like ‘you two are trouble I knew you would be.’ “I said putting on a fake accent to sound like the nurse who had just left.

“Yeah okay. Night” Alex said getting comfortable on the chair.

“What are you doing?” I questioned.

“Getting comfortable.” Alex replied.

“No you’re sleeping here.” I said patting the space next to me and moving over. Alex got up and lay on the bed next to me.