Chapter 13

“I’m so sorry.” I said.

“It’s okay it wasn’t that bad.” He said and pulled me back to his chest. I tried to stop him I didn’t want to hurt him further after all it was my fault that he was like this.

“No I don’t want to hurt you more, it’s my fault that you are in this state.” I said.

“I don’t care just come here I want a hug. I’m injured, I should be allowed to have what I want.” He said giving me puppy dog eyes.

“Fine” I replied and gave in. He pulled me into his chest and wrapped his strong arms around my waist and buried his head in my hair.

Just then Sam walked in.

“Sorry am I interrupting anything... Oh my god you’re alive.” She said realising Alex was awake. “We were so worried, you were in such a bad state.” She continues. I looked over at her and gave her the look saying. Please-leave,-my-boyfriend-just-woke-up-after-we-thought-he-was-dead-and-I-want-to-spend-time-with-him look. She realised and said.“I’ll leave you two alone.” before walking out. She must have told the others because the others didn’t come in.

After what seemed like minutes but was probably hours Sam and all the others walked in to find Alex and I asleep on the sofa cuddled up together.

“Aw, they are so cute together. I’m glad they’re going out. Autumn deserves to go out with someone nice.” Sam said quietly as not to wake us.

“Yeah they suit each other but what do you think Zack’s gunna do when he finds out?” Tom asked.

“Who’s Zack?” Sam questioned confused as to why it would matter to him.

“He’s the guy who has been trying to get Autumn to go out with him since she transferred.” Dan explained.

“Oh.” I had been awake the whole time they were talking but faking sleep so I could hear what they were saying because they woke me up but I knew they would act as if they weren’t talking about us. (If you get what I’m saying.) I started to stir and slowly opened my eyes.

“Hey guys” I said cheerily. “Is anyone hungry?”

Everyone except Alex said yes so I slowly and quietly got up so I didn’t wake him. When I finally managed that I went into the kitchen with the others following behind me.

After a couple of days Alex got better and all of his cuts and bruises except the knife one healed.

It was now Friday night and I was packing ready to leave tomorrow when the taxi will come and take me back ‘home’ to where my mum will be waiting for me. Alex wasn’t making this easy for me though. When I packed something he would take it out and throw it so I was basically running around trying to pack with Alex acting like a 5 year old.

“Alex, I have to go! I’ll be back on Monday.” I said for what seemed to be the 20th time since I’d started packing.

“I know but you will still be gone. Please can you stay please?” He begged giving me puppy dog eyes. I was so close to giving in and agreeing but somehow I managed to finish packing and move my suitcases out of Alex’s reach since I don’t really feel like spending another 2 hours trying to pack with Alex throwing the stuff out.

The next day I got ready to leave and ate my breakfast before I heard a door bell ring. I went to the door which was pretty hard as Alex had a hold of my wrist and I had to drag him with me.

After a fun weekend with my mum I came back to an eagerly awaiting Alex and a surprise. I walked up the stairs to the door and opened it before running over to Alex and jumping on him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist.

“I missed you too.” He smiled before kissing me. When we pulled apart I noticed Sam wasn’t there.

“Where’s Sam?” I asked downhearted that she hadn’t been here waiting for me.

“Well while you were away she kind of got together with Jamie and there in the sitting room.” Tom replied. I hadn’t noticed him walk in.

“Oh finally I knew she liked one of you guys.” I smiled. I was happy that she was happy.

I untangled myself from Alex before getting my phone out of my pocket and seeing that I had 3 missed calls from an unknown caller. I ignored it and went into the sitting room with the others.

An hour later my phone vibrated in my pocket.

“I’ll be right back.” I said as I walked out into the hall before answering.

“So you decided to answer.” The same cold voice as before said.

“J-j-Jason.” I stuttered.

Just then the end tone rang and I knew he had hung up. I walked back into the sitting room and cuddled up to Alex.

“Hey sweetie, what happened?” Alex question.

“Nothing I’m fine.” I replied calmly, surprisingly calmly.