Natalie's Past (Last Chapter!!!)

One whiny weekend later, Alec and I are back in our cozy apartment. "Ugh, I don't know how Taylor and Harry do that all day every day," I complain. "Same here," agrees Alec. "Anyways, I'm going to my moms house. Taylor and Austin are meeting me there," I say. "Oh, family meeting, huh?" he questions. "Something like that," I say with a smirk. I go upstairs and put on black high waisted jeans, an anchor sweater, and black high tops. I leave my hair down and quickly do my makeup. I go downstairs, get in the car, and drive to my parents.

When I arrive, they're all waiting. "So, you wanted to talk to us?" asks Dad. "Yeah... I was thinking.... I want to find my birth parents.." I say. "That's great!," says my mom. "Let's do it!" says Taylor enthusiastically. "Really?" I ask, surprised. "Yeah, let's go to the orphanage!" says Austin. I grab my keys, and they all accompany me to the orphanage. i knock on the door, and Miss Votral opens the door. "Hey, Natalie!" she says, pulling me into a hug. "Hey! Um, I want to find my birth parents," I say once were in her office. "Oh, here are their records," she says, handing me a thin packet.

I open it up and see two names at the too of a sheet, nothing else. "You were left on the front step, they left their names, nothing else," she explains sadly. "This is still....more than I hoped for," I say. I read the names. James and Lana Price. "James and Lana," I repeat quietly. We drive home, and I can barely contain my excitement. "Maybe I can google them, and...find their phone number. What if I have siblings?!" I ramble on.

I rush to my mom's computer and google James Price. Many results come up, so I add Nashville, Tennessee. A website comes up. He's an author. Hmm. It has an email and phone number. It says about him in his bio, and sure enough, his wife is named Lana. I dial the number in the phone. "Hello?" a voice says on the other end.

"Um hi. Did you happen to maybe give your daughter up for adoption 23 years ago?" I ask, hoping I don't sound too stalkerish.

"Yes....do I know you?"

"Kinda. It's me. Your daughter. I'm Natalie."

"Natalie?" he says, choking up.

We talk for a little while longer and I am invited to his house for dinner. "Taylor, will you come to dinner with me at my parents?" I ask. "Um, sure," she says. I can tell she's nervous. I can't blame her, so am I. We soon arrive at the door, and a girl, about 13, opens it. "Hi, we're here to see James and Lana," I say.

"Are you Taylor and Natalie Swift?" she asks.

"Um, yea," I say nervously.

"Mom, Dad! Taylor and Natalie Swift are here to see you!" she yells.

Mom? Dad? is this my sister?!

"Coming!" calls a voice, it sounds like the man I talked to...er...my dad.

A man and a woman appear at the door.

I guess they're my parents. My dad has gray hair, a scruffy beard, and blue eyes. My mom has shoulder length brown hair, and gray eyes. "Natalie?" she asks. "Yea," I manage to choke out before I'm enveloped in a hug. "This is my sister Taylor," I say, gesturing to Tay. "Hi, nice to meet you," says Taylor, shaking their hands.

We go in for dinner, and it's delicious. "So...um if you don't mind me asking...why'd you guys leave me?" I ask. "Well, we weren't ready for a kid. my books weren't selling and Lana didn't have a job. We couldn't support a kid," my dad explains. "Oh, well at least I'm meeting you now," I smile. "Anyways, do I have any... siblings?" I ask hopefully.

"Yes," they say. "Jessie! Erin!" my mom calls. "What?" asks the 13 year old, coming in the room, followed by a girl who looks about 6. "Natalie, this is Jessica, she's 13, and Erin, who's 6," my mom says. "Jessie, Erin, this is your sister, Natalie," my dad finishes. "Hi," we say to each other awkwardly.

The rest of the night goes well, I get along well with everyone and Taylor loves the girls. When I return to my apartment, I tell Alex what happened. He's happy for me, and I feel complete. Finally.