Home

*can people message me ideas? I have nothing....*

I board the plane to Nashville and sit next to a girl a few years younger than me.

"Hi." She says.

"Hi," I say, nodding.

"You're Natalie Swift, right?" She asks.

"Yea...." I say, knowing where this is going.

"I knew it! so, can I like, get Taylor's autograph?" she asks

I purse my lips, wondering how I should respond to this. What the hell, everything else has gone wrong, why not let the girl have it?

"Taylor, Taylor, Taylor! That's all my life is! No one will ever see me as just Natalie again! no, you can't have her autograph. I have a life, and it's not about serving her and her fans!" I snap.

The girl has a look of utter disbelief on her face. I shove my earbuds in and blast my music before she can respond.

When I get to Nashville, I immediately take a taxi to Mrs. Woodley's house. I knock on the door and am greeted by her familiar face.

"Natalie...what are you doing here?" she asks.

"I needed to get away." I say, and she welcomes me in.

We talk over tea and sandwiches and I tell her what's going on. She is a good listener, and nods quietly.

"I think you need to go back to school, get back into the normal routine. The tour is putting too much pressure on you, I believe," she says.

"I bet you're right." I agree.

I go back home an hour or two later. I go in my room and change into sweatpants and a T-shirt. Then, I grab my guitar and begin to play. I play a few chords, then an idea sparks in my mind.

Why Not get known for me? Quickly, I change out of my lazy clothes into a pink and white striped tank top and gray jeggings. Then I put on my tan oxfords and grab my guitar.

I head to the bluebird cafe, and luckily it is open mic night. I sign up and soon I am called up.

"Hi, I'm Natalie Swift. I'm going to be singing 'Skinny Love' , by Bon Iver." I say, then begin strumming.

"Come on, skinny love just last the year.

"Pour a little salt, we were never here.

"My my my my my my my my my my my

"Staring at the sink of blood and crushed veneer."

I continue the song, and when I finish everyone applauds.

"Thank you," I say with a smile.

I notice a tall man with gray hair in a suit striding towards me.

"Chris Towson, Flame Records, nice to meet you," he says.

"Hi.." I say, shaking his rough hand.

"I'd like to offer you a record deal," he says.

"Um...yeah!" I say, extremely happy.

"Cool, drop by the studio tomorrow to do some paperwork," he says, and I nod.