Plane Ride

*OVER 600 READS!! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!*

I hand one of my bags to a airport employee, and I take the other. We put them onto the conveyor belt that takes them into the plane.

I walk up the stairs and sit next to Taylor. "I've never been on a plane before," I say and clutch the armrests, my knuckles turning white. "It's not that scary, don't worry!" Taylor assures me. I am still nervous, and put my earbuds in and turn my phone on shuffle.

Safe and Sound begins to play. I hum along, pretty loud I guess because Tay smiles at me and hums along as well. She offers me a stick of gum and I start to chew it, the peppermint flavor spreading through my mouth. I feel the plane start to move and look out the window. My stomach flops as we lift off the ground, and my ears pop.

Once we are smoothly flying through the air the captain announces we can take off our seat belts. "Come on, this is the best part!" Taylor says and unbuckles. I wrinkle my eyebrows, questioning her. "I love surprising the little kids back there," she says, gesturing to the curtain that separates the first and second class seating.

I unbuckle and follow her out into the aisle. She brushes aside the curtain and we start to walk back. People wave at us shyly and one little brown haired girl taps her mothers arm excitedly. I point her out to Taylor. We sit down in the aisle next to her.

"Hi, I'm Taylor, and this is my sister Natalie!" Taylor says. "I know! I'm your BIGGEST fan!" says the little girl. "I'm Heidi. Will you sign my CD?" she asks, pulling a 'Red' CD from her drawstring bag. "Sure!" says Taylor and quickly signs it, then hands it back to Heidi. "You too!" she says, shoving the marker and album into my hands. "O-okay," I say, signing my name on the inside booklet. "Ooh, and will you take a picture with me?" she asks. We agree, an pose for a picture.

We continue doing this with all the kids around the plane. I am surprised at how many ask for my autograph as well. "I've never signed an autograph before!" I say as we take our seats. "Yeah, get used to it!" Taylor says and takes out a deck of cards. "Want to play?"

I win go-fish every round, then Taylor complains that she should've brought Scrabble so that she could beat me. The captain's voice crackles over the intercom, "We will now begin touchdown in Omaha, Nebraska." I snap my seat belt into place and close my eyes as we descend. The planes wheels skid on the runway until we stop at the airport.

Before we make our way into the airport, Taylor passes me a pair of sunglasses and a hat with a low brim. I put them on, and she takes out her own, as does the rest of the family. We enter into a crowd of screaming fans and camera clicking paparazzi. Their hands are all over me and I feel so open and unprotected. A paparazzi's flashes in my face and I grab his camera and throw it to the ground.

Once we are in a taxi and on the way to the hotel, I can finally breathe. "That was terrifying," I say. Taylor sighs and nods. "Fame comes with a price," she says, and leans her head against the window. The cab screeches to a stop and Mom pays the driver. Dad and I grab our luggage and go inside the hotel. As soon as we reach our room, Taylor lets out Meredith, who meows in relief and begins to explore her new surroundings.

"Don't bother unpacking, we'll be leaving in a few days for St. Louis," Taylor says. I toss my bag to the ground and collapse in a heap on the bed.

I have a feeling this tour will be exams ting.