Chapter Fifteen

***I skipped ahead a little bit so now Amineh is 4 months pregnant.

Thanks for reading!

Amineh

I was finally in my fourth month of pregnancy, so we can find out the sex of the baby today. Micah was more excited than I was and I was ecstatic. We were waiting at the doctor’s office for the tech to come in so she could do the ultrasound. Even though we had only been in here for about ten minutes, Micah was impatiently pacing back and forth; he stopped every few seconds to come and kiss my belly then my lips like he hadn’t seen us in hours. I wasn’t even fazed by his weird behavior; he had been acting like a nervous wreck ever since I told him I was pregnant.

He has always been a little overprotective but now he was just acting crazy. It got a little annoying after the second month when he stopped allowing me to walk up the stairs and insisted on carrying me. Or during my third month when he rushed me to the hospital for the smallest ache or pain, no matter how much I refused. Eventually my doctor got tired of seeing us every other day, so she gave him baby books to read and told him not to bring me back in unless I asked for it. I didn’t expect him to but he read all the books and realized most of the stuff that he was rushing me to the doctor for was perfectly normal.

“Baby, can you please stop pacing back and forth you’re making me uncomfortable,” I asked chuckling at how nervous he was right now. It’s not like I was having the baby today, we were just figuring out the sex. We didn’t really have a preference; we just wanted a healthy baby.

He laughed.

“Sorry,” he said rubbing the back of his neck and coming over to where I was sitting, kissing my belly and he was about to kiss my lips until the ultrasound tech came in.

“Hey love birds, Im Lisa. How about we get started? Can you lay back for me Mrs. Miller.”

I scooted back and laid down on the paper covered exam table. The tech lifted my shirt to expose my barely visible baby bump. I was always small, so even at 4 months I was barely even showing. If you didn’t know me you would just think I was packing a few extra pounds.

She put that gel stuff on my stomach and put the little wand thing, I think they call a Doppler or something. I should know this stuff, but usually the only thing I’m focused on is finally being able to pee once the ultrasound is over and seeing my baby.

I could hear my baby’s little heart beating rapidly before she even said anything.

“Well, here is HIS penis right here,” she said putting the emphasis on the “his” part.

I was just staring at the ultrasound screen looking at my big head baby.

“Babe, we’re going to have a boy!” I said excitedly still looking at our son through the screen.

I mean I’ve seen an ultrasound before but to know that I was looking at my very own child, was overwhelming. I’ve watched my friends and sister have babies these past years and being able to feel and see this little boy growing inside of me almost brought me to tears.

“I know baby girl,” he said getting up and kissing my forehead.

“Im going to go print up some ultrasound pictures for you two, I’ll leave them at the front desk,” Lisa said walking out of the room, I guess sensing we needed some alone.

I hadn’t even noticed she was still there.

“Okay, thank you Lisa,” I called after her.

“That’s my son Mineh,” he said staring, mesmerized by the ultra-sound. I looked over at Micah listening to my son’s heartbeat and I didn’t think I could love anyone as much as I loved my husband until I found out I was pregnant.