Chapter Nine

***Thanks for reading! 

____________________

Micah

I had practically sped home to see my wife. I was not one to abuse my authority but if I was to be pulled over I wouldn’t have hesitated to show them my badge.

I pulled up in my driveway and sat in the car for a while just thinking about how much I messed up with two of the most important people in my life all in one night.

After about 10 minutes of sitting in the car thinking, asking God for guidance; I finally walked into my house. It looked like someone had cleaned up everything from dinner; it had to be Blythe because Mineh has this weird thing about flipping the chairs upside down on the table at night and right now they weren’t.

I sat down my keys and went upstairs to see my wife lying in bed looking lost but as beautiful as ever just staring into space. She noticed me standing at the door and just watched me as I approached her, not moving from the position she was in sprawled across the bed.

I wanted to let her know that I wasn’t trying to fight with her anymore so I kneeled down next to her and she turned on her side facing me; I guess she felt the same about not wanting to fight anymore because she gently placed her hand on my cheek. I leant in and kissed her softly.

When I pulled back I saw the tears it seemed like she’d been holding in had finally rolled down her cheek.

“I’m sorry Micah,” she said softly. “I’m so sorry for letting my anger get the best of me and hurting you. That is the last thing I ever wanted to do. I’m sorry for not consulting you before bringing her over. I should have handled it so much better and I’m so sorry,” she said as more tears ran down her face.

“It’s okay, baby,” I said wiping away her tears with my thumb. I hated to see her cry, the last time I’ve seen her cry anything but happy tears was when I cheated on her.

“You were doing what you thought was best Mineh and I wish you would have told me about it but I do understand why you didn’t. And I understand why you’re helping her. I know you Mineh and I know how hard it is for you to hold a grudge or even be impolite to someone, even her I guess. Your heart is big Ruth and that’s one of the reasons I fell in love with you. So, I can’t be mad at you for you doing the right thing, even if it was someone I would rather not ever see again in my life,” I said trying to calm her.

“Micah, I shouldn’t have said that to you about making sure you don’t cheat on me again. I’ve forgiven you for it and I shouldn’t have brought it up again. I’m sorry and I know how much you beat yourself up about the situation even if you try not to show it,” she said caressing my cheek.

She was right, I felt like crap for what I did to her. I felt even worse because she didn’t even really make me pay for it. After only a week she forgave me, I’m glad she did because that was the worst week of my life; but she just came home forgave me and never mentioned it again until tonight. She was just there for me whenever I needed to talk about the boy I killed. That made me love her even more. But I never felt like I was punished enough for what I did so I’ve been trying to make it up to her by doing any and everything I could ever since.

“I forgive you baby now please forget about it,” I said standing up and slipping off my shirt, shoes and jeans. I crawled over her and laid on my side of the bed.

“Okay?” I asked, making sure she was going to drop the subject.

“Okay,” she said leaning in and kissing my nose.

---

Amineh