Chapter Four

**Okay, I do not have alot of readers but thank you to those who have been reading, it really is encouragement. Please feel free to comment and let me know what you think, good or bad! Again, thank you guys so much for reading.  

______________________________________

She was my husband’s partner until some disturbing events three years back. She looked as beautiful as always, with her light brown skin that seemed a little pale at the moment. She was wearing a Summer dress, oversized sun glasses and her hair pulled back into a high bun.

“Alexa?” I questioned, a little taken aback that she had the nerve to be here at my place of work after what she’d done. Lord please don’t let me jump over this table before I hear this woman out, I silently prayed.

She stared at me for a few seconds and then took off her glasses, It was then I noticed the black eye she had, that was caked over with make-up. Despite what she had done all of my animosity towards her had temporarily vanished.

“I know I’m the last person you want to see Mineh, but I really need your help.” She said sadly, using my nickname.

My anger just boiled over times ten when she said she needed my help. I guess she thought a little black eye was going to make all things forgiven. I knew where the black eye came from, but I wasn’t about to let her con me in with her little sympathetic pleas.

“Oh, you need my help,” I scoffed; “Alexa, leave this office please, before I lose my composure.”

“Amineh wait, please hear me out,” she begged. Me, being my stupid, caring, symptathetic self; I gave her a chance to explain why she was in my presence at the moment.

“Say what you need to say Alexa,” I said sternly.

“You already know about Chris. Well I’m trying to leave him Mineh. And I want a divorce. I can’t take him hitting on me anymore, things have just gotten worse and worse since I changed precincts. I used to have Micah to protect me but now Chris is just reckless. I’m scared he’s going to end up hurting the kids or killing me. I know I don’t deserve your help, let alone to be standing in your presence but please Mineh I’m begging you please, I need to get out of this,” she said in tears, falling to her knees. 

I was watching her the whole time trying to keep a stern face on, but that didn’t stop the tears from falling. I stood up from my desk, knelt down next to her and embraced her. How could I not? I am a woman of God first and foremost and she needs my help so I can not turn her away. “Sssshhhh. Ssssshhhh. It’ll be okay,” I soothed.

“He said if I try to leave him he’s taking all the money, cars, the house and I can live with that Mineh; but he said he’ll take my children. I cant let him do that. I cant let him do that!” She said between sobs.

“What’s going on Amineh,” my boss asked walking out of his office.

“We have a new client sir, Alexa Eaton,” I said informally introducing her and letting her know I was going to help her at the same time.

He nodded his head and walked back in the office, after asking me if we needed anything and to get her paperwork situated.

I redirected my attention to Alexa, “he’s not taking your children Alexa and you will have more than half of everything as well. I promise you that,” I said through clenched teeth. How I went from wanting to rip the woman’s head off to wanting to protect her at any costs within minutes was unknown to me. But my mind was set, that was that, and who ever had a problem with my decision to help her would just have to deal with it.