Chapter Nineteen

Thank you all for supporting this story. I can't tell you how much i appreciate it. 

***

MICAH

She finally stopped her pacing and turned towards me.

 “Yes, he wants me Rehum and yes he flirts. But the only man I want or flirt with is standing in front of me acting like an idiot. I’ve never given you a reason not to trust me Micah. And at first I thought maybe this was you really trying to protect me, but lets be honest now. This whole thing is just about you being jealous.”

“Ruth, I told you to stop associating with him. He wants you, you know it and I know it. And what would have happened the other night if I hadn’t shown up huh?”

“He was drunk Micah. People do dumb things when they are intoxicated.” she said.

Was she actually defending him?

I can’t do this right now. I need to get out of here. I didn’t even bother giving her any type of comeback as I walked towards the door.

“Micah, where are you going?” she said calling after me. I turned back around to face her. 

“I don’t know. But I’m tired of arguing all the time. I have to deal with crap at work all day. Then I have to come home and deal with even more from you because you refuse to listen when I tell you to do something-“

“I’m not your child. I think I’m more than capable to decide who I should or should not associate with. Maybe if you weren’t so jealous you would see that.”

“It’s not my got damn jealousy Ruth! It’s the fact that I’m out here trying to be here for my family and provide for us. If I’m doing one right then I’m not doing the other. When I’m trying to balance it out and take off time from work and take my wife out to eat I find her being all buddy, buddy with the same man I almost had to kill just a few days ago.” I said running my fingers through my hair.

“Micah what do you expect me to do? We work together.”

I just shook my head.

“I don’t know and right now I really don’t care. Keep seeing him if you want to.”

“So you don’t care Micah?”

“You know I didn’t mean it like that,”

“Then please explain to me what you meant,” she said crossing her arms over her chest and raising her eyebrow challenging me. I didn’t even know it was possible to be this annoyed or angry with someone you loved so much.

“I’m stressed the hell out Amineh!”

“Oh, you’re stressed out Micah?” she said laughing humorlessly. “Last time I checked you weren’t the one carrying a baby. You aren’t the one who comes home from work and spends half the night making dinner for her husband only to find that he isn’t going to make it. You aren’t the one who waits for her husband every night, hoping that he comes home or at least calls so I won’t have to worry or cry myself to sleep that night because my emotions are everywhere,” she said trying to stop the tears from falling. “I’m lonely Micah”.

“Why didn’t you tell me this Amineh?” I asked concerned now.

“When? You want me to wake up at two in the morning or whenever you get home from work to have a conversation with you about how lonely I feel? I shouldn’t have to do that Micah, I shouldn’t have to go out of my way just to have a conversation with my husband, especially about things he should already know. And I really haven’t had time to do any of it with all the arguing we have been doing”.