Chapter Seven

***Pride will make bad situations even worse. It’ll make you say and do hurtful things to the ones you love. So just remember to check your pride at the door. Thanks for reading. Please comment and let me know how Im doing. Thanks!

Micah

I can’t believe she just asked me to apologize to her I thought pacing the room back and forth. Alexa tried to ruin our lives. I know Mineh’s heart is big but to invite the one woman I never want to see again to eat in my kitchen. I was furious!

“Micah Rehum, what was that? What is wrong with you?” she asked walking towards me. I could feel the anger just radiating off of her. If I wasn’t so full of pride I would of broke down and apologized to her right then because I knew this wasn’t going to blow over easy she was beyond angry with me. But for what? For not wanting my slutty ex-partner in my house. I got angry all over again just thinking about it.

“What is wrong with me!” I asked yelling at her. “You invite that home-wrecker in here and expect me to just be okay with it, what were you thinking Mineh!”

“Micah she came to me for help, Chris’s beatings have been getting much worse,” she said trying to explain.

“Well she had my protection, but when she decided seducing me was the right thing to do, she lost that; so there is nothing we can do,” I spat. “That woman should be out of our lives and you bring her here in to my house to eat at my table after what she did to me, after what she did to us?” I asked, getting angrier just thinking about Alexa. I knew those words would get her even angrier but I didn’t care at this point.

“Your house huh Micah? And youre telling me that all that happened between you two was her fault. She may have seduced you Micah but last time I checked, penis didn’t just accidently slip in,” she said yelling at me, actually yelling at me. She’s never in all our years of marriage yelled at me before. She added all the exaggerated hand gestures to. Knowing that I caused this type of rage in her hurt my heart to the core., I was thinking about apologizing but she wasn’t done telling me off yet. “So before you start pointing fingers you need to check yourself. Now she needs my help and im not turning my back on her; so if you cant find it in your heart to forgive then who are you to stop me from doing so. You’re being such an evil person right now Micah, this is not the man I married,” she said with tears of anger running down her beautiful face. I don’t know why I let this argument get this far but I just wanted to stop, beg forgiveness, and make love to her.

“I’m helping her whether you like it or not. Maybe you should concentrate on not making the same mistake again rather than what she did to you in the past.” She said quietly making me dismiss my previous thoughts. Once those last words left her mouth I could see the regret in her eyes. And I know she saw the pain in mine. That was a low blow, especially for her. She knew how I felt about what I did.

“Micah I…” she said regretfully, trying to explain. Before she could finished I just walked passed her and out of the room.

I walked down stairs to only see D and Blythe watching TV on the couch.

D looked up, concerned and I guess saw all the pain and the anger, “Come on man lets go hit the bar so you can cool down.”

I agreed, I couldn’t be under the same roof as her at the moment, she just hurt me to defend the same woman who tried to break us apart. But at the same time I couldn’t help but admire her heart. If I had even a fraction of her compassion I could have forgiven Alexa along time ago.

I grabbed my jacket and Blythe hugged us both good bye and told us to be safe and went upstairs to I hope check on Mineh. I was mad, but that was my wife and I could not stop myself from caring.

After 30 minutes, of being at the bar D was already drunk. I stuck to orange juice. Ever since the night and the dark moments after I cheated on Mineh, I’ve only drank when she was around. I knew I couldn’t get into any trouble with her around. I laughed in my head at the thought of Mineh being drunk again, she was a funny drunk. Then I mentally scolded myself for thinking about her, when I came here to get my mind off of her.

Coming to the bar was definitely not one of D’s best ideas. I came in mad and I had a feeling this place wasn’t going to ease that. The gloomy atmosphere and half dressed women staring at me or occasionally coming over to chat just irritated me further. No matter how irritated or mad I was with Mineh, I would rather die than to see her put through the pain I put her through with Alexa.

“Hey, get me and my man here a drink,” D slurred to the bartender.

“No, you know I don’t drink anymore D. And you’ve probably had enough yourself.” I told him.

“Quit being a pussy man,” D said trying to make light of the situation. But it only made me angry all over again for some reason, “D shut up,” I said trying to keep my anger from seeping through, I knew he was drunk.

He was quiet for a moment then said thoughtfully, “Man idk why she took you back after you cheated anyway, now you’re always acting like a pussy. Mineh’s little pet.”

If this was any other night I would have just laughed it off, but I was already angry and the way he said it so matter of factly, pissed me off. I got off my stool and grabbed D by his shirt, “How about you go find some trick to bust a nut in,” I said letting go of him and stepping back. He still had a slight smirk on his face, finding humor in my anger. “Or better yet go home and take care of your son instead of acting like his mom.” I said bitterly, getting my jacket so I could leave.

His face just completely fell, I could tell he was hurt, but mostly angry. If he wasn’t so drunk and out of it, I’m sure he would have attacked me. I knew I was wrong for what I said, I knew he was just joking. But he should of known not to joke around when I was already angry. He was drunk though I reminded myself. Right now I was to mad to apologize and I was sure he would probably be to drunk to accept it so I called Blythe to come and take him home so he wouldn’t have to take a cab and I could go home and talk to my girl alone. I needed to talk to her. She would know what to do to fix this with D. And I needed to apologize for being such a dick. Her caring heart was one of the reasons I married her I couldn’t be mad at her for it now. So I hopped in my car and sped home to make amends with my wife, hoping she had cooled down enough to talk to me.