Chapter Twenty- Part One

I know this chapter is extremely short and it has a lot of errors but I'll come back and edit it later. Let me know what you think. Thanks for reading. 

************

Amineh

It had only been three days since Micah left and I already felt like my world was falling apart. He said he wanted this break so it could be less stress on me, but I’m more stressed out than I’ve been in a while. I had to practically force the food down my throat this morning, because I haven’t had much of an appetite lately. But no matter how I am feeling my child has to stay healthy. So, to try to keep my mind off of the fact that I pushed my husband so far away he needed a break from me, I immersed myself in work. All I did was eat and work. I had not been to the office in a while because I did not want to run into Tyler at all, but these past three days had given me some time to think about the whole Tyler situation.

I knew jealous or not Micah looked out for my best interest and our child’s as well. I was so quick to forgive Tyler because his apology seemed rather sincere and he has never acted aggressively with me before.

With all the time I have to think now without my husband home I came to the conclusion that I would have acted the same way Micah had; if someone put him or my child in danger. This entire time I was being so naïve and trying to scold Micah for his behavior when I would have probably reacted much worse. Even though Tyler and I were doing nothing wrong in my office, the hurt and angry look on Micah’s face was more than enough to make me feel guilty. I didn’t feel guilty for doing anything wrong, but I realized it was because I had hurt my husband. I was being rather selfish. It was times like this that I realized how undeserving I was of Micah.

Even though Tyler and I work together, that does not mean we have to associate with one another. So since Micah left me the car I grabbed the keys and headed to work to talk with Tyler.

I arrived at work and headed straight to Tyler’s office not even giving a greeting to anyone of my coworkers that I had not seen in a couple of days.

I walked right into Tyler’s office without knocking.

“Tyler we need to talk,” I said taking his attention away from the loads of paperwork on his desk.

“Amineh, how are you? Why haven’t you been in the office? Are you feeling well?” he asked with actual concern on his face.

“Yes, Im fine. I just needed a break from the office.” I said lying. I barely spent any time here so they wasn’t much that I needed a break from. I was never good at lying though.

“You’re barely even here as it is,” he said smirking. “Are things okay with you and Micah? I know last time I saw you two you weren’t on good terms,” he asked.

I hadn’t talked to anybody about the whole situation between Micah and I. I don’t know what came over me, maybe it was the reality of me and Micah’s situation setting in or this pregnancy having my emotions everywhere; but I just broke down.

Tyler looked at me alarmed for a few seconds then came from around his desk and pulled down onto the couch with him in his office and held me.

Everything about the situation was wrong and I knew it, but I couldn’t stop crying.

“I haven’t seen him in three days,” I said between sobs. “He said he wanted a break. I’m going to loose him Tyler. He’s going to leave me,” I cried into his chest.

This isn’t what I came here for, this isn’t how it was supposed to go.

“Shhh, Shhh. Its okay. I’m here,” he said holding me closer. I just kept crying for what seemed like forever.

“Amineh look at me,” he said after letting me cry for a while. When I didn’t make any moves to do as he asked he put his finger under my chin and lifted my face up until our eyes met.

“It’s going to be okay,” he said. Before I could register how close our faces were or recognize how intensely he was staring into my eyes, he kissed me. He kissed me like I was his, like my lips were the only thing he needed on this earth, and like my body didn’t belong to someone else.

With that thought I sprung up from the couch and slapped him. I don’t know what came over me, but I actually slapped him. I didn’t just slap him for the kiss, but for the pain I have allowed him to cause my husband.

“What’s wrong?” he asked holding his cheek and actually having the nerve to look confused.

Was he serious?

“What’s wrong Tyler, really? What’s wrong is that you are a manipulative bastard and I don’t know how I didn’t see it before. I’m a married woman Tyler,” I said raising my voice, all signs of the previous tears and vulnerability gone.

He just looked at me and laughed. “Amineh you just said it yourself that your marriage isn’t going to work. I’m more than willing to take his place. And you want me, I can tell. Why else did you come here?” he asked looking at me like he knew all the answers.

“I came here to tell you that I won’t be associating with you anymore. I thought it was going to be hard and I was going to feel bad about doing it, but you just made it that much easier. And no Tyler, I don’t want you. Matter fact I pity you. You’re so desperate to find love that you would stoop so low to ruin someone else’s happiness just to get it. It’s sad because I know you’re better than this. You can hide behind this job, your money, your arrogance; but I can see your loneliness through all of that. You’re headed towards destruction Tyler and I cant believe I almost let you take my marriage with you. Either you find a different office to work at or I will make sure to file a suit for sexual harassment against you, guaranteeing you wont find a job anywhere else. Good bye Tyler.” I said making my exit. Once I got out the door I let out the breath I had been holding and smiled in relief the whole way to the car.

Now I just needed to fix things with my husband.

*****

My Opinion: Don't under any circumstances go after someone who is already taken. I'm sure we've all heard it before, but "if they're willing to cheat on someone that they claimed to be committed too, what makes you think they wont do the same to you?" You deserve so much more than someone else's sloppy seconds. Please know that you are worth so much more. And dont be so desperate to get what you think is love that you do something to another woman or man, that you never want done to you.