The Alpha and His Mate chapter 19

Chapter 19

If looks could kill, I would have killed Ashley a thousand times. I was beyond angry that she played me. I thought she actually changed, but once you're a bitch you're always one.

I didn't want to sit by her, yet I didn't want to sit next to Rick either. I was dead either way, but this time I'd get her back.

As Raven and I walked to the empty seats, I took the seat next to Ashley, refusing to let her sit close to my man.

Everyone seemed to be chatting away as if there was no tension in the room. I dug into my food, I immediately froze in the middle of chewing.

I had no idea what she did, but she add way too much salt! I looked around and noticed everyone still eating the food enjoying it. I glanced at the table and saw the salt sitting right in between the two of us.

I turned and glared at her as she smirked before taking a drink of her water.

I was in the middle of plotting her death, when Michael and James got my attention by moaning.

"This is so amazing!! It's the bomb, Becs!" James said as he licked his lips.

"It's almost better than sex" Michael said, causing James and Daniel to burst out laughing.

"Hilarious boys." Ashley said as she took a dainty bite as if she is above everyone else.

Raven and Rick were talking about pack plans, and ways to benefit the pack and making money. James, Daniel, and Michael were busy talking about how nothing is better than sex. Eric was sitting quietly two seats to the left across from me. I was picking at my food, hoping to find a part that the salt didn't reach. I was furious that she ruined my food, but I was going to get her back one way or another.

"I'll be right back, Becca." Raven said as he and Rick got up to leave.

"Where are you going?!" I asked as I grabbed his arm.

I didn't want to be left alone with Ashley. Even if the guys were here with me, I'd still want Raven by my side.

"Relax, sugar." Michael said, earning himself a growl from Raven.

"Rick and I have things to discuss about the pack." Raven said as he kissed the top of my head, before he left.

I released his arm only to stare down at my food, realizing that I had lost my appetite when I had first sat down.

I excused myself from the table and took my plate to the kitchen and put it in the sink. I turned to leave when I saw Eric standing in the doorway to the back stairs.

I could hear everyone else still at the table, laughing away without a care in the world.

I tried to walk past Eric, but he wouldn't move. I tried to shove him out of the way, but that did nothing.

"What do you want, Eric?" I huffed out in frustration while crossing my arms.

Eric just starred at me for minute longer before speaking.

"Why are you upset with Raven?" He finally asked.

I gave him a confused look.

"I'm not upset with him." I said.

Eric gave me a look, telling me he didn't believe me.

I sighed and shook my head.

"If you really must know, then I want to go somewhere where the others won't hear." I said.

Eric stepped aside and we made our way up the stairs to Raven's room.

After I closed the door and motioned Eric towards the couch in the room, I told him about Ashley. From the incident at the school back when I left early that day to tonight. By the time I finished pouring my problems out, I was almost in tears. Eric wrapped his arm around me, in a comforting way.

When I pulled away from Eric, I noticed he seemed upset and mad even.

"Why are you mad?" I asked as I dried my cheeks.

"I'm more than mad, I'm furious that my alpha, my brother, has done absolutely nothing! You're his mate and you're being disrespected by a pack member. He should be punishing her." Eric practically yelled. "Just because they used to get it on, doesn't justify the treatment you are getting now."

Eric began to rant about how terrible of an alpha Raven was for allowing such behavior in the pack. I had to grab Eric's head and hold him still just so he could listen to me.

"Eric, I-I haven't ever told Raven about Ashley and the way she treats me." I blurted out. Gagging his reaction in case he got upset at me. Instead, he looked at me in shock.

"You haven't?" He asked as I nodded my head. "Why not? You're the luna of the pack, his mate, he should know about this."

I felt ashamed now. I knew I should have told Raven about Ashley, but I wanted the pack to like me first. I didn't want them to think I was a tattletale.

"Because I'm human." I whispered. "I'm a human in a werewolf pack. You all are stronger and better than me. I didn't want to appear weak because I couldn't handle a she wolf." I said as tears streamed down my face. "I'm so tired of her and her little group."

I was full out crying. I covered my face with my hands, when I felt Eric pick me up and placed me right at his side as he wrapped me tightly in his embrace.

"Shhh, you won't have to deal with her or her little group for long. I'm here for you and I won't allow you to suffer alone." Eric whispered as he rubbed soothing circles on my back.

I hugged Eric tightly and before I knew it I had cried myself asleep. When I started to wake up, I realized that Eric had fallen asleep too, except that now we were laying down on the couch.

I was so thankful to have Eric here for me. I didn't want Raven to think I was weak or pathetic, so I kept it all bottled up.

I felt a cold breeze and curled up closer to Eric, but then I heard a low dark growl. One that was far more dark than I've ever heard.

I looked at Eric and saw that he had snapped awake after hearing it. We both looked at each other and for a second I saw fear cross his eyes, before a blank expression covered his face. I slowly sat up and saw that it wasn't just a pissed off Raven. Rick and Ashley were there as well. Ashley had her arms crossed and a smug look on her face.

Rick looked at me with pure lust and I could tell this situation was a turn on for him.

Raven on the other hand was so furious looking, I thought he was going to kill Eric. I looked at Eric to see if he was scared or worried, but he was just starring at Ashley, ready to kill her.

I didn't know what, but I knew something was going to go down. I just was hoping that Eric wouldn't blurt out what I told him about Ashley.

Author's note:

Sorry I didn't update last month, but I was gone most of the month and then had to say goodbye to my very best friend. Then I got a new job. Life is busy for me and I hope you all don't mind the wait. I tried to make it long for you all. I love you all for keeping up and staying with me while I write this book :) you all are so wonderful :)

-blackwings