The Alpha and His Mate chapter 16

Chapter sixteen.

This chapter isn't edited and was a little rushed, but hopefully it's still good :)

Becca's P.O.V.

I was back in school now, even though I really didn't want to be.

Raven said getting an education was more important than staying locked up inside his house, not that I was really locked up to begin with.

It's been over a week since he claimed me and I must say it feels great! Raven has opened up a little to me and he's smiling more when he's around me.

It makes me feel happy that I can make Raven happy.

As far as school goes, Raven has the guys as my guards to keep other males away. I didn't mind the idea of that, until it started to draw the attention of every in the school.

I have one or more of the guys in all my classes, except math and English.

As the bell rang, signaling lunch time, I grabbed my stuff and headed to my locker. English was right before lunch which was really nice other than not having anyone I know in my class.

I turned around to meet up with Eric and the others, when I ran into a group of girls.

"Hey!" One shouted as her books dropped to the floor.

"Oh, I am so sorry! I didn't know anyone was behind me." I apologized as I bent down to help pick up her book.

"Who the hell ran into us?!" Another girl asked angrily. The annoying voice all too familiar.

I looked up to meet the glare of Ashley. I didn't know she was still in school till I had asked Daniel when she had came in late one time for class. I scowled at her.

"Watch where you go, or you might just get hurt one of these days." Ashley said as she shoved me out of the way.

"Would you just get over it?" I said, feeling aggravated. This whole week she'd been giving me little threats or remarks and I finally couldn't take it. Ashley stopped and turned around.

"Get over what? That my alpha, my friend, has a human for a mate? Do you honestly think I'm the only one who disagrees with you as a mate for him?" She spat out, while getting in my face.

I looked around and saw that a few bystanders were watching, including other werewolves. Some were even nodding their heads in agreement.

"It's not like I had a choice in choosing to be part of your world." I mumbled quietly to myself. I didn't like being the one at fault, but right now I felt guilty for something I shouldn't.

I arrived at the lunch table where the guys were waiting for me.

"Hey Becs, how was English?" Michael asked as he draped his arm around my shoulders.

"It was fine." I said, but at the moment I just wanted to go home. "Is it possible to leave early?"

Daniel raised an eyebrow as Eric had stopped talking to his friend next to him, while Michael just laughed.

"Why do you want to go?" Daniel asked.

"Does she have to have a reason, Daniel? I hate to break it to you, but only smarties love school." Michael said as he stood up, pulling me up with him.

"Why do you want to go, Becca?" Eric asked as he stood up and blocked mine and Michael's way.

"I just don't feel like being here the rest of the day. That's all." I lied as I shrugged my shoulders.