The Alpha and His Mate chapter 9

Edited.

This chapter is dedicated to

White_hersey

For following me and commenting:)

Chapter nine

Becca's P.O.V.

I had been awoken by the sound of the door being slammed shut a floor beneath me. That's when I realized I was laying on a soft king size bed.

The room had a masculine smell and look. Dark furniture with dark grey walls giving it that manly feel, along with the black couch, dresser, bed covers, and fire place. The floor was white with a grey rug and dark pine windows with dark grey curtains. Throughout the room it had accents of dark forestry green. It reminded me of being in the forest on a dark night.

After taking everything in from the room, I carefully and quietly got out of the bed, and sneaked over to the door. I gently turned the knob and opened the door a smidge. I couldn't see anything in the hallway, so I opened the door all the way and walked out into the lonely hallway.

It was cold and dark walking along the forever long hall. Finally I came to a set of stairs where I could hear yelling and shouting and growling. I peaked around the corner at the edge of the first step and just listened to see what was going on.

James and the alpha were arguing about something while the other men just stood around the room at attention. Waiting for an order.

"Let her go!" I heard James growling from down below. He was pacing back and forth in what I assumed to be the living room, since it looked like the main entrance to the house.

"You think I'd let my own mate go. You stupid mutt, I ought to have you be killed for disrespecting me and my pack!" I heard the alpha say back. He sounded pretty pissed.

I wonder what they were talking about?

"You do that, and I can guarantee you that Becs will never ever want you!" James spat back. The argument seemed to be getting heated very quickly. I decided to go down stairs and make my entrance and hopefully get out of here.

As I entered, my breath got caught in my throat. My view was blocked partly when I was descending down the stairs, but reaching my last step I wasn't sure if it was a good idea coming down after all.

James had lunged at the alpha in his wolf form just as the alpha had transformed into his and boy was his wolf big. He could definitely beat James no doubt.

Fearing for James' life I ran quickly into the living room hoping they would stop.

"James!! Stop it!!!" I shouted at the alpha and James, just as a few guards grabbed hold of me. "Don't hurt him!!! Please!?!! Let me go!" I cried out.

After I had finished my last word, both wolves stopped and looked at me. I pulled and tried to get to James, but the stupid guards wouldn't let me go. I heard one of the wolves growl, which I assume was James, but then the alpha nodded his head and the guard released me.

I walked to both wolves until I was at least five feet away. I still didn't trust them. I mean they're wolves, who would?! The smaller wolf walked up to me, but before he could get close enough for me to touch the alpha got in the way, which caused me to jump in fright and lose my balance and fall at his sudden movement.

He whimpered almost like he was apologizing for scaring me as I got back up.

Suddenly I heard cracking and breaking of bones, as I looked to see what was going on I realized that it was James getting back into his human form. He shoved the alpha to get in front of me, only to have me quickly turn around.