The Alpha and His Mate chapter 4

Chapter four

Edited

Becca's P.O.V

All I could do was just stand there with my mouth open and watch what was unfolding in front of me.

There in the middle of my living room were two big Husky looking dogs growling and snarling at each other, while three guys stood near the entry way of my living room. Just by looking at everything unfolding in front of me, multiple things weren't making sense to me.

One, the Huskies or wolves were too big to even be considered a dog. They were huge. I didn't even know how they could've fit through my front door. Two, the three guys didn't even seem fazed by the fact that there was a dog fight going on in front of them. Three, James was no where....wait, JAMES!!!

The moment I thought about James, was when I realized that he could be dead and the dogs could be fighting over him.

"Oh, god James." I barely whispered, but it caught everyone's attention. Even the two dogs that were fighting.

My eyes widened with shock at how well they could all hear me, while the two animals had been growling and snarling at each other. How could they have even heard me say that?

I didn't have much time to think about it as the one dark brown beast barked at me right before it started attacking the dark grey one that was standing on top of the brown one.

I was about to turn and run for my bedroom, when two strong hands grabbed my upper arm and yanked me back.

I started kicking and screaming my head off, and I noticed the brown beast looked like it was trying to get away from the grey one to get to me.

I kept pulling and screaming trying to get away from these three creeps, when one of them decided to put their grimy hands over my mouth. I didn't think twice before biting down hard into the man's hand. He removed his hand and loosened his hold on me enough for me to pull away and run into my bedroom, locking my door.

I could hear yelling and a few growls, before I heard a high pitch whine and then silence. Tears swelled up into my eyes on their own accord. I didn't know why I felt sad that one of the giant beasts were dead, but I never did like it when an animal or person got hurt and would cry out in pain.

I was brought back to reality when I heard multiple fists bang on my door. I could hear it cracking and before I could think of a better spot to hide in, I chose my closet. I left it open just a crack and now I wish I didn't.

In walks not one or two, but three dark grey giant wolves. I could tell that they were wolves now, because my light was on. Shortly after the three wolves came in, a big muscle looking guy walks in.

"Michael. Ian. Go take the mutt out there to where the van is parked." The muscle man said with authority leaking through his voice. The two wolves left the room soon after being given the order. All I could do was hold my breath and hope to God they wouldn't find me. But of course, nothing ever happens when you hope for something to not happen.

The muscled guy flung open my closet door grabbed me by my arm and hit the back of my head, causing black dots to swirl in front of my eyes, before I completely lost consciousness.

---------------------------------------------

The sound of voices and the cold hard ground woke me from what I was hoping to be a nightmare. As I opened my eyes, squinting first, I realized the nightmare did happen and is still happening. I could make out tall, thin steel round bars. Multiple bars going up and down. The walls and floor were a simple boring grey that reminded me of a boarding school. I had never been to one, but this could definitely look like one.

Slowly sitting up, I noticed that I was, in fact, in a jail. Well, I guess I was pretty close. Some boarding schools probably feel like jail. Looking to my left there was another cell that had someone in there. I could only guess it was the guy that the muscle man told those wolves to get. The poor guy had nothing but basketball shorts on and was all bloody. It looked like he was in a pretty bad fight. Looking to my right were more cells, but they were empty.

I looked back at the bloodied guy and scooted as close as possible to get a better look at the guy.

A gasp escaped me when I realized that the man was James.

"James!" I whispered yelled, not wanting to be too loud.

"Oh God, James answer me. Please!" I said my voice cracking at the end. I tried reaching my hand through the bars to shake him, but he was just out of my reach.

I started to panic.

He was dead because of me.

"I'm sorry James, I shouldn't have called you. At least then you would still be alive." I said as a tear trickled down my cheek. "Oh god, I'm so sorry James."

I curled up into a ball and began to cry till I couldn't cry anymore. I must've fallen asleep for a few hours because the next thing I heard was my name being called by a familiar voice.

I shot up and looked to see James awake and calling my name.

"James?! You're alive! But I saw you...you were laying there dead and not moving!" I said as I crawled over the the corner closest to him in my cell.

"No, I'm not. It would take a lot more to kill me." He said trying to lighten the mood and that's when everything came back to me. The wolves. The three guys. Everything. I pulled away from James' reach. He looked confused by my action, but before he could ask me why I did that I spoke.

"Back at my apartment. What happened? One minute I'm in a closet listening to growls and the next there are two over grown wolves fighting each other in my living room with you out of sight." I said as my voice began to shake towards the end.

James looked reluctant to speak. I was truly hurt that he wasn't going to tell me, that's when I got up to stretch my legs and walk to the other side of my cell.

James never kept anything from me. He believed that lying hurt more than the truth, but right now nothing hurt more than knowing your best friend wasn't telling you something important. Fresh tears swelled in my eyes as I began to think about everything and the situation I was in. I was so out of it, I barely heard James whisper something to me.

"What?" I asked wiping my tear stained face.

"I said no humans are suppose to know about us." He said sounding a little more than upset.

----------------

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to say thanks for sticking with me. I know a once a month update is long and boring, but you guys must enjoy my book to stay with me, which means soo much to me!!

Anyways, please vote and comment!!!

Also, since school is starting up again, I will do my best to keep up with the updates, but I have a new schedule this year which is an early morning one >.<

Hope you guys like the new cover. I wanted a different one and this one is pretty close to the way I envisioned it. But if you guys have a better one just message me and I'll upload the new cover.