The Alpha and His Mate chapter 14

Chapter fourteen

Becca's P.O.V.

I woke up rather early, even though I didn't end up falling asleep till 2:30 after learning about Raven's and Eric's parents' death.

I heard Eric in the shower and I decided to get out of bed and get my clothes out from my room. When I entered my room, Raven was no where to be seen. The bed was still made and no clothes were on the ground. It wasn't a big surprise that Raven didn't come back last night, although I would've liked it, it was rare for him and I to sleep together in the same bed. I suppose it was because he had said that I wasn't ready to be marked and all, but then again he did say he has a hard time controlling his wolf.

I pulled out a stripe navy blue and white cami and a light yet dark sparkly grey cardigan. I also got some white jeans out to go with my outfit along with a navy blue belt and scarf and ankle boots.

As I walked out of the closet with my clothes in hand, I heard a knock on the door. I set my clothes on the bed and answered the door to find Eric standing there already dressed.

"I was wondering if you want to go out for breakfast with me and the guys since Raven told me he won't be home till late again." Eric said.

"What time are you guys wanting to eat?" I asked as I looked over to the alarm clock on the nightstand to see that it was barely 8:00. Looks like I'll be late for school again, oh well.

"As soon as you're ready. The guys just got up, so it'll be awhile till they get here." Eric said giving me a friendly smile. "And Raven said its fine to skip school, since you were up so late."

"Okay, well then I'll just hop in the shower then." I said getting excited that I was finally going to leave this house and get some fresh air.

I shut the door and ran into the bathroom and jumped into the shower.

After having a nice, but quick steamy hot shower, I hopped out only to realize I had left my clothes on the bed.

I dried my hair the best I could with my towel before wrapping it around my small frame.

I opened the door and walked over to the bed as I was about to drop my towel and start changing, Raven walked out of the closet with his own clothes, but stopped dead in his tracks when our eyes connected.

They quickly went from their natural brown to black with lust and desire in them. He had me laying down against the bed as he hovered over me with barely enough room between us in two seconds flash.

His sudden movement had me breathless as I starred at his beautiful face. I had seen his face before and it was always beautiful, but now after learning of his pain and heart ache I could see what it had done to him.

His already high cheek bones made him look harder than he really was. His lips in that straight thin line looked as though he was a statue of stone and had permanently been placed like that. I would have believed that he was hard and made of stone if I hadn't have seen him smile before.

I was torn away when I heard his low growl rumble against my own chest. His hands were gripping my hips as my hands had instinctively placed themselves on his tone chest.

His eyes were still as black as darkness, but they were slowly going back.

"What are you doing like this?" He growled out as I felt him pulling me closer to his body, no doubt his wolf's doing.

His breath still had the foresty and mint smell and it was so intoxicating, I was having a hard time concentrating on the question.

"I-I was getting-I forgot my clothes." I said feeling completely flustered and feeling my own desires peek as I was getting turned on by the way we were positioned.