Untitled Part 21

Chapter 21

This chapter was inspired by and is also dedicated to karinnaab :)

Becca's POV

It's been a week since telling Raven what had been happening with Ashley and her little group, and since then I haven't had a problem with them, except for when Ashley has to prove her point that she still doesn't like me. Which I've come to be able to handle with no problem.

Eric has been keeping a proper distance whenever Raven is at the house, but whenever he's not there Eric tends to be his usual self. Michael and James seem to have hit it off and have become inseparable. I haven't seen them since that night. They are like two peas in a pod.

Daniel has been hanging around with me and Eric whenever Raven isn't home, but the last couple of days he seems to just disappear and show up in time for dinner, which has me curious as to what he's up to. I've been tempted to ask him, but I feel like I'd be intruding and nosy.

As for Raven and I, we've been getting closer than before. At night Raven seems to always question me to see who's bothering me or giving me trouble. The first few days I had expected him to be like that, but not a whole week. It was starting to irritate me. The way he was becoming more controlling and possessive over me.

I had just finished doing the dishes and headed up the stairs to get ready for bed. I felt like having a hot bath, so I started the water and went to grab some pjs. I grabbed a pair of sweats and tank top before going back into the bathroom to get in.

I stripped my clothes off and slid into the tub, enjoying the warmth of the water. Lately, I had been colder than normal and I felt like I was getting sick. After sitting in the tub for about an hour, I decided to get out as tiredness began to hit me. Even though it was early, I had been feeling exhausted and tired early each night.

Throwing on my pjs and towel drying my hair, I left the bathroom and headed to bed early. Raven wasn't home yet, but Eric and Daniel were downstairs watching tv. I closed my eyes and allowed sleep to come over me.

I woke up around the time the sun was rising. Surprisingly, wide awake. I looked over at the clock on the bedside table,telling me that it was five thirty. Great. I decided to get out of bed and make some coffee and enjoy the early morning by watching the sun rise completely on the back porch.

I curled up in one of the patio chairs and held onto my cup, sipping the coffee as I soaked up the sunshine. I actually liked the silence and just being alone. It gave me time to not have to worry or think about anything. I closed my eyes as I enjoyed the moment, but unfortunately it ended sooner than I wanted it to.

"Since when did you become and early bird?" Raven asked with a gruff voice. He sounded as though he had just woken up. Sleep was evident in his voice.

"Hmm, about fifteen minutes ago." I said as I looked down at my phone.

"You should have told me you were up." Raven grumbled as he sat down next to me. "It's not safe for you to be out here alone."