Body Image

I stood there staring in the mirror in just my sports bra and underwear. Why am I so disgusting? Look at me. My stomach sags over my underwear. My thighs and arms are huge and I have back fat. I just wished I looked like my friends. I have a beautiful face but a disgusting body. I'm 16 years old and weigh 213 pounds. I've been fat all my life and I've been picked on for it. My body has torn down my confidence so much.

I looked down at the cuts on my stomach and thighs. I started to cry until I heard knocking on my bathroom door.

"Brooklyn is everything ok? You've been locked in there for a while", my mom said with worry in her voice.

I wiped my tears and snot and faked like everything was ok.

"Uummm yes mom. I'm just cleaning up.."

"Ok sweetie dinner's ready so take a break and come eat."

I looked at myself in the mirror, "I'm not hungry, I had a big lunch." I lied knowing I haven't eaten in 3 days.

"Ok baby girl," She replied before leaving.

I finally got tired of being locked in my room so I put my pajamas pants and a loose fitting shirt. I walked down my steps to My mom sitting on the couch. She smiled immediately when she saw me.

"Well look who decided to come out that room of hers." I smiled and threw my dirty clothes in the washroom.

My mom doesn't know about my body image issue. In fact, no one does because I keep it to myself so no one will feel sorry me. I would hate that. I sat beside her and watched tv. It was just me and my mom Now since my brother was gone to college. I was the next to go since I'm a senior.

"You better go to bed lil girl You know you gonna be tired in the morning and you better not be late for school again." I rolled my eyes at her playfully before kissing her cheek.

"Goodnight mommy."

She kissed my forehead then said, "Good night big head."

I got up and Walked up the steps to my comfy bed. I tied up my hair and turned on the tv trying find something to watch. I finally decided to watch some martin. I knocked out in the middle of the episode.