Forgive and Forget?

Brooklyn

I couldn't sleep at all last night. Me and Chris's fight kept replaying in my head. In my opinion We were both in the wrong. I just hope this doesn't break us up for good.

I took my phone off the charger and opened it to see 6 missed calls from Chris. They were all an hour after he left my house yesterday. I guess he really does care about me.

Chris

After I drove off I immediately regretted it. I know she was wrong for getting mad but I was wrong for throwing the money in her face. I tried calling after I dropped the kids off but she didn't answer. I guess she really is done with me.

When I got home I tried calling her again and she still didn't pick up. After the 6th time I decided to just give her some space because she probably thinks I'm lame af for calling so much.

(The next day)

Chris

My mom called last night and said she'd be back home Sunday. Today is Friday so I'll have to stay at Brooklyn's house for two more days. Shit will be awkward.

I braced myself for the awkward tension as I knocked on her door with two days worth of clothing. My eyes shot up from my phone as the door opened. "Um hi. My mom won't be back till Sunday so can I still stay here for the next two days?" I looked down at her as she looked down at the ground.

"Yea sure." She moved aside and I let myself in "you can stay in the guest room." I started to thank her but she disappeared back into her room before I had the chance. I sighed and settled into my room.

(Later that day)

I plopped down on the couch and turned the tv on to ESPN. I was so into the game that I didn't hear Brooklyn come downstairs. "Um Chris can we talk?" "Sure" she sat down next to me and played with her fingers nervously.

I looked over at her "what's up?" "I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for how I reacted the other day. I was out of line for what I said." "Me too. Malia said she's sorry for what she did."

She chuckled "I had half a mind to smack her lil onion head ass when she said that shit." I laughed "lord knows I wanted to but her momma would've whooped my ass." We both shared a laugh.

"But forreal Brooklyn, I never meant to hurt you like I did. The last thing I want to see is you mad or sad. So what do you say? Forgive and forget?" She looked up and rubbed her chin like she was thinking it over "hmm how about no."

My heart sank and i frowned. She looked back at me and bust out laughing "I'm just playing fathead. We cool." She hugged me and I held her close. I got my baby back.