Brooklyn

Brooklyn

I scrubbed myself repeatedly with my loofah as the events ran through my mind.

Why won't they go away? Why!? I gave my heart, my soul, everything. and this is what I get? abortion money?

I screamed and threw my loofah at the wall in front of me then slid down the wall.

I want to end it all. Right here right now.

But I can't. Because if I end me, I'll end him.....

I searched for my razors that I always leave on the side of my bathtub. Cutting was my release. It was my drug.

Just as I was about to cut my stomach, I heard a knock on the door and his voice.

"Brooklyn, we need to talk."

I tried my best to hide the tears in my voice as I rinsed myself off and rushed to put on my robe.

"I'll be out in a sec."

"Just come downstairs when you come out."

A few seconds later I heard my door slightly slam. Chris seemed mad. I wonder why.

After I got myself together and put on some chill clothes I came downstairs. I hadn't seen Chris's face since we got in the house which was yesterday. I'm surprised he's still here but he looked worried and sad.

"Um hey..."

"Sit down Brooklyn."

His voice was cold.

I did as he said. "What's up?"

He stared at me for second as if he was confused. After 2 long minutes he spoke up.

"I know what happened ...."

"What are you talking about?" my body tensed up as his voice changed.

"How far along are you?"

"I'm not doing this right now Christopher. You're talking nonsense." I got up in an attempt to run from the truth.

"Don't fuckin walk away from me!" he gripped my arm tight yanking me back to him as he stood up.

"I know you're pregnant Brooklyn! You can't hide shit from me because I know you better than you know your fuckin self!"

"You don't know shit!"

He chuckled slightly, "oh I don't know anything?? So you mean to tell me I don't know that you've been forced to have sex with that fuck nigga Michael for almost 4 months and now you're pregnant by him!! I found out a long time ago but I wanted to confront you when the time was right."
Tears streamed down my face as I stood speechless in front of him.

"And I hate that you didn't trust me enough to tell me either! so tell me, how far along are you?!"

I struggled to push the words out my mouth.

Chris

A few months ago while I was over her house and she was asleep, Michael had stopped by. I knew him from school and the basketball team but I never knew he was dating Brooklyn or that she was dating period.

He didn't expect me to be there so of course as soon as I opened the door he started going off. After letting him know the real situation, he told me that he and Brooklyn had been dating for a month and that he loved her. I doubted his words because I knew no one could love her more than I do.

When I was over her house for the cookoff, I knocked over her trash and found the positive pregnancy. I would've addressed it then but it just wasn't the right time.

Now I sat here watching her cry rivers as I laid all her business out and awaited answers.

"He gave me abortion money after forcing me to have sex with him.... I didn't tell you I was pregnant or had a boyfriend because I was ashamed and knew you liked me. After I refused to take the money, he hit me. That's why I ran down the hallway....you're the only one I saw... I'm so sorry Chris....it should've been your baby... I should've been your girlfri...-".

I cut her off.

To Be Continued ...