Guardian

Brooklyn

I stood there in shock wondering whether I should run out of this library, call Chris, or punch this bum in his face. Instead I sat down in front of him. I'm tired of running from my problems. He wants to play? Cool I'm ready.

"Greetings Michael. What subject will we be discussing today? Biology or Physics?"

"How are you and your boo doing?"

I rolled my eyes as I ignored his question and pulled out my binders from my book bag.

"Michael, what subject are we doing today? I need to know which books to pull out?" I really just wanted to learn and go.

"Oh so you don't hear me bitch? You think just because I left you that you ain't mine? That's my baby you're carrying not his! I own you. I control everything you do. So answer my fuckin question." He hissed at me while slowly standing up and getting in my face.

I chuckled for a second and shook my head. He really tried it this time. I stood slowly and leaned towards him.

"Listen. You've made my life a living hell since the day I met you. You raped me and impregnated me then humiliated me. You are a piece of shit that deserves nothing. I'm happy and blessed and the only thing you need to be worrying about is how you're going to pay child support for YOUR CHILD. You don't own me, I don't think about you and I could give two fucks bout you. After this baby if born, pay for your child and stay the FUCK away from me!" Tears streamed down my face as I mushed his head with all the strength I had away from mine and onto the ground.

The librarian came stumbling over to the scene.

"This is a library and you will conduct yourself accordingly! You have assaulted this man and I want you to leave immediately!"

"Bitch shut up! You knew what he did to me and booked him as my tutor anyway you scumbag. Fuck you and this library! Fuck these dusty ass books, those ugly ass glasses you have on, that busted ass desk you sit at and everything in this bitch!"

She stood looking at me appalled. I could careless. Michael was still on the floor stuck on how I had just snapped. I packed my bag and headed to my car smiling. I felt like a huge weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

All of a sudden I heard the school security guard yelling my name I kept walking. At this point fuck this school. I've tried everything to stay sane but I was at my breaking point.

"If you leave this campus you will be under arrest young lady!! Do you hear me?!" The guard ran towards me as I unlocked my door.

"Arrest me then bitch!"
——————————————————————
*2 hours later*

I sat in the county jail confused on how I had gotten here. I allowed people to take me out of character now I sat alone in a jail cell, pregnant. I knew all this stress wasn't good for the baby so I tried to relax but after a few minutes of really realizing where I was, I broke down. I'm 19, pregnant and in fucking jail. I'm struggling to finish school, I'm one pay check away from being homeless and my own mother even hates my guts. What is there to live for?!

The guard rushed over to my cell and opened the door as I began to hyperventilate.

"Ma'am calm down! You are pregnant! Breath! Breath!"

As hard as I tried to breath I couldn't. It's almost like my body didn't want me to. I had been trying so hard to hold on to this life shit, maybe I should just let go?

....... then I heard his voice.

"Brooklyn! Brooklyn get up! Get up!!" Chris screamed over my body as my eyes fluttered opened again and my breathing slowly began to relax.

"Baby get up. I'm here to take you home. Come on" he wiped the tears off my face as he scooped me in his strong arms and took me out of the holding cell.

My angel, saving me once again...