33

Ash's POV

I'm nervously waiting with a microphone in my hand. A few of my teammates spoke to the stadium and now it's my turn.  Jill still has the ring in her pocket, otherwise it may ruin the whole surprise. 

"Uhm... Hi. A few people spoke her today and I'm the last one who you are gonna have to listen to, sorry. But. Hi. I'm Ashlyn Harris, goalkeeper of the USWNT. I'm the one who protects the goal and stuff, but I hope you know that."

I am nervous, so I can only make stupid jokes and chuckle nervously. People are starting to film this, because why would a goalkeeper give a speech? Exactly. 

"Sorry, I'm a little bit nervous today. I don't exactly like to speak for big crowds, but here I go. Instead of giving a whole speech, which everybody thinks I'm going to do, I'm doing a little surprise for my partner today."

"So, Krashlyn-fans. Here you go."

I mention to Ali she can come to me, so she moves from her spot with the team, next to me. Well, we didn't even start and she already kind of started crying.

"Like a few of you may know. This one, Ali Krieger, has been my girlfriend for a whole lot of years. Seven to be exact. It could be a whole lot more, but we were to blind to see we were in love with each other. We were too scared to ruin the amazing friendship we had for whatever must have been the outcome. But here we are. Happy and World Cup winners for the second time in our lives adopted two kids. Or was I seposed to keep that a secret Al?"

Ali gives me a wink and I laugh. 

"Didn't know what that meant, but. Let's continue with what I was saying. I wanted to surprise Ali today for a bit, so we have a little video and music on the screen."

Jax and Alex begin walking out when the short movie starts. Ali's gets a big smile on her face and gives me a kiss on my cheek, which causes the crowd to 'awww'. 

In the movie are teammates, family, and friends speaking about Ali and telling her the moments they loved with her. There are also some cute videos from my phone which we never published on social media in it. 

When the movie ends Jax and Alex are behind us with their guitars and I tell Ali to turn around. She takes off running to our kids and engulfs them in a big hug. They tell her to stand next to me and they begin playing.

"Hi crowd. We are Jax and Alex Harris. We are adopted by Ash and Ali a few months ago and are now very very happy. We are going to play a song for you. Jax and I absolutely loved it and that's how our moms started liking it too. So, mom and mama, here you go. Home Again."

You got to goGo stop it or you will be left hereIt's coming and it won't be askingGot nothing when there's

Nobody left in your home again

You got to goGo stop it and it won't be happening againGet caught up in itThey'll be asking but don'tGet caught up with the peopleWho won't get you home again
So, we're running our own way homeWe're running our way
So, we're running our own, we areWe're running our own way homeWe're running our own, we areWe're running our own way home
You'll get it allAll coming when you least expect itIf I'd lead the type of life you lead hereI'd lose my heart, my head, my home
You got to goGo stop it and it won't be happening againGet caught up in itThey'll be asking but don'tGet caught up with the peopleWho won't get you home again
So we're running our own way homeWe're running our way
So, we're running our own, we areWe're running our own way homeWe're running our own, we areWe're running our own way home
And all of their waves won't bring me downNot letting my days fade out
We'll run on our ownTheir laws won't take us nowWe'll run on our ownTheir walls, we'll break them
So, we're running our own, we areWe're running our own way homeWe're running our own, we areWe're running our own way home
We're running our own, we areWe're running our own way homeWe're running our own, we areWe're running our own way home
We're running our own way homeWe're running our own way home
We'll run on our ownHomeWe'll run on our ownHome

We sing along through the whole song, Ali standing in my arms. And when they start their last few seconds of the song, Jill starts walking to us, as I told her to do. She manages to give me the ring, without Ali seeing. Mission accomplished, well kind of. 

"Dear Alexandra. Uhm... I kind of prepared this, but I totally failed to practice my speech to you enough to remind it now. So, improvising it is." I get a few laughs out of the crowd. 

"I can remember the first time I saw you. It was my first time in camp, I was very nervous already, but when I saw you... Gosh, my heart stopped and I couldn't speak, which the girls thought was very very funny. Thanks girls." I give the team a glare and they start laughing.

"But girl, sometimes you forget how beautiful you are. Your mind and body, like damn. I think I can say that I am one of the luckiest women in the world. I have a stunning girlfriend, who I hope is gonna say yes, two beautiful kids and two dogs who couldn't be more annoying and cute at the same time. I guess I can talk a million days about you and our cute little family, but we all know that there is a question I wanna ask you." 

The kids come walking to me with the jersey with the name Krieger-Harris?. I go down on one knee and open the box with the ring she always wanted. 

"Alexandra Blaire Krieger, will you marry me?"

THE END